Your Oil Change Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of oil change stickers are y'all using?

I just got my oil changed by the dealer and they now use these printed, clear stickers that are adhesive-type and are not static cling. This is better since the static cling types always fall off. I've found that only the more expensive shops and dealers use the printed stickers since the printers are so expensive.

2011-07-24_01-13-23_685.jpg

So what stickers do you guys use? Or do you not use one at all?

I use stickers that Pennzoil sent me. I trim the Pennzoil logo off if I am not using Pennzoil oil. They end up being about 1" by 1.5" and are very unobtrusive.

Never have an issue with the static cling stickers from AAP and AZ. But fwiw, the latest free O'R stickers I have use an adhesive on the back. Be interested to see how easily they come off and/or if they leave a residue on the window.

Not a 'sticker' per say, but a reminder than hangs on the turn signal/wiper stalk. I used to use the oil change stickers that came on Liqui-Moly containers, but the heat bakes them onto the glass and they are a real pain to remove. Going to have to ask for another batch of these now:

front.jpg

back.jpg

I never use one, I have a white board hang inside my garage, I write the date and miles using marker. and also on oil filter box.

I just put the reminder on the calender in the kitchen, PA already has 2 stickers (inspection and exhaust inspection) on my windshield, don't need anymore.

Create one on plain paper, cut and tape under hood for easy reference as I check engine at least once a week.

The door ones just do not stick and or hard to remove and the windshield ones seem to fade for me so that they cannot be read

I don't use stickers. I put up a dry erase board in the garage, i have 4 cars to keep up with, on the board I write each change , with the mileage and oil type. I also put trans changes on it and at the bottom under each car i put the oil filter numbers. I can go to the garage and see where each car was changed and make a list of filters i need before i go to the store.

My Hyundai dealer uses a computer-printed sticker similar to the OP's. The Chevy dealer I take the Cobalt to is old-school, they have custom stickers with their name on it, but the info is still hand-written on it.

When I start doing my own changes in the Sonata (and eventually the Cobalt) I'll be using the stash I have and use on the Dakota and Ranger -- a jumble of stickers from Advance, Autozone, O'Reilly's, some leftover Murray's, and some freebies I got from Pennzoil and Castrol. All are the static kind and other than one or two clunkers from Autozone, haven't had a problem with them staying on. Autozone seems to have changed the supplier, and the new labels are thicker. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but the older ones never came off unless I took them off. I use industrial permanant markers on them since I noticed ball-point ink didn't last very long, and even some permanent inks faded buy the time I was due to change the sticker (and oil too...
laugh.gif
)

I've used the O'Reilly's stickers a couple of times and haven't noticed any residue left behind.

I've also got a sticker from Discount Tire on the Dakota to remind me about my next rotation. And I use a separate sticker to remind me when I'm due for some sort of fuel-injector cleaner.

Last edited:
I just record each change in the log we keep in each car, where I also record all other maintenance and replacements, as well as each tank of fuel purchased.
Stickers are for those who are not car guys and are not attuned to maintenance, although any dealer or oil change shop will typically afix them to any car they service.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I just record each change in the log we keep in each car, where I also record all other maintenance and replacements, as well as each tank of fuel purchased.
Stickers are for those who are not car guys and are not attuned to maintenance, although any dealer or oil change shop will typically afix them to any car they service.

I use stickers along with a very detailed maint log. I'm a car guy and a maint nut lol. Stickers allow me to instantly see when I did the last OC and when the next one is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back