2008 Honda CRV 2,4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just picked up a 2008 CRV with the 2.4L. It recommends a 5W20 can i go 0W20. It does need some TLC but not bad. I was going to use PP 5W20 for the next two changes then next spring go with Honda 0W20 using the oil monitor. Your thoughts please.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Works.

Yea after reading some more it doesn't what i run. Ill stick to Mobil One.

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
5W20 isn't hard to find and it's recommended. Why not go with that?

+1, just noticed the OP is in texas, so I see no compelling reason to change to a 0wt unless the OM states to do so.

I'd probably run PP or M1 5w-20 year round.

But again, the op's approach works.

+1, just noticed the OP is in texas, so I see no compelling reason to change to a 0wt unless the OM states to do so.

I checked out club crv like Toyota they came out with a list that can use 0W20.

5-20 synthetic vear round.. It don't get that cold down here,Tex. Hard to beat the Autozone promotions. 5 quarts of M1 EP and an M1 filter for $32. Good luck with it.

Kinda depends on the driving conditions, don't you think? The friend of mine with a CRV pretty much never drives the car more than 3 miles at a stretch--the typical drive is about 1 to 1.5 miles. I think 0W20 would be pretty good in that application, Texas or not. I don't doubt for a second that for a short-tripper, the really thin oils like Toyota's 0W20 have some benefit.

Whether the benefit is 'worth it' or not is a different matter, since that engine will run on grapefruit juice.

I settled for M1 EP 5W20. This fall ill change it and again this winter, once spring comes ill stick to the olm. It's a sweet ride and looks pretty easy to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back