[Cut Open] NEW NAPA Platinum 41515

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dome end bypass on a NAPA Platinum?
A little disappointing.

But thanks for cutting it up and posting!

x2 thumb up
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

lol at the bypass whiners. the oil is going to touch the filter element regardless where the bypass is. man up!

Looks very very similar to a Donaldson, except with a silicone adbv rather than nitrile.

A bit overkill and pricey for my oci's. Dome end bypass no big difference to me.

Thanks for the donation and pics.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
The first thing I note about this filter, is how white the media is, and how thick its, like fram XG.

Like a Donaldson or Fleetguard actually:

DonaldsonP169071-01.jpg

FleetguardLF3487-01.jpg

Donaldson is the pioneer of the synthetic glass media.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
The first thing I note about this filter, is how white the media is...

You can typically get a synthetic media filter in any color you like so long as it's white.

Originally Posted By: kemo
lol at the bypass whiners. the oil is going to touch the filter element regardless where the bypass is. man up!

Wix touts the thread end bypass...which is usually preferred all other things being equal, "to prevent oil from washing across the dirty element" when it is open. Not a huge deal, IMO, but for $12+ I want all the best features. I wonder why they didn't go forward with the regular Wix/NG design in this regard.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: kemo

Wix touts the thread end bypass...which is usually preferred all other things being equal, "to prevent oil from washing across the dirty element" when it is open. Not a huge deal, IMO, but for $12+ I want all the best features. I wonder why they didn't go forward with the regular Wix/NG design in this regard.

Probably because they already were tooled up for Donaldson & Fleetgaurd, and talked WIX/NG to just use the same basic element and design for their product also. The bypass design looks the same on the Donaldson/Fleetgaurd elements also.

When I shop NAPA
1} I check to see if the product is made in China if so I usually refuse to buy it
2} I ask for a discount and if I do not get it I shop elsewhere,,,ask for the discount after all the parts are on the counter. Refuse the order if a discount is not given.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
When I shop NAPA
1} I check to see if the product is made in China if so I usually refuse to buy it
2} I ask for a discount and if I do not get it I shop elsewhere,,,ask for the discount after all the parts are on the counter. Refuse the order if a discount is not given.

Lol how do you figure you will get a discount?? just by asking because you are about to purchase a lot of stuff??

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Probably because they already were tooled up for Donaldson & Fleetgaurd, and talked WIX/NG to just use the same basic element and design for their product also. The bypass design looks the same on the Donaldson/Fleetgaurd elements also.

Makes sense. I will try one if we ever get them here in Podunk.

Thanx for the pics and the $$!

I'll have to see if I can get a price on these up here. I've paid $10+ for a Gold, XGs $13, M1s $15 and K&Ns are $16. Could be scary if you guys are saying they are almost twice the price of a Gold! Good looking filter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back