mixing fuel stabilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what you think of mixing MMO, seafoam, Stabil, B&S fuel stabilizer.

I have too many partially full containers and want to consolidate.

btw, my Stabil is still cherry red after 3-4 years of outside opened bottle storage.

I would highly caution against it. I see more harm than good coming out of this idea. Just be patient and use separately. Are you really willing to take a chance in your engines/equipment?

Seafoam does say on it that it is a stabilizer as well as a cleaner.

On the MMO site forums they say that MMO does have limited ability to stabilize fuel, but recommend using a dedicated one.

I just always used Stabil. Always worked for me, even through long long periods of storage.

I know for a fact that Sta-bil comes along as a true fuel stabiliser, ditto with B&S fuel stabiliser (which I've been using for past 15 yrs). Both exhibited excellent fuel-stabilising properties.

No experience with Seafoam and indifferent about MMO as far as fuel stabilisation's concerned.

Q.

p.s. I don't mix fuel stabilisers, no meaning to do so (achieve better stabilising performance, neeeh!). I'm currently also trying that G-oil fuel stabiliser, mainly in my K-1 clear kero (for stove/lantern use) and a bit in my stash of Coleman (naphtha gas).

I mix 2oz Techron with 3oz MMO and use as an add with each fillup. Been at this for over a year and both cars run fine. Does anybody have comment on this?

Originally Posted By: mgm13
I mix 2oz Techron with 3oz MMO and use as an add with each fillup. Been at this for over a year and both cars run fine. Does anybody have comment on this?

Sounds like a plan, I have mixed Redline Fuel System Cleaner with MMO, but in my opinion I think it is best to use MMO by itself, and use the Techron by itself, you can go either way. JMO

Originally Posted By: mgm13

I put only gas in all four of my cars and they all run great. Seems to me all that other stuff is a waste of money at best, and a risk to the cats and O2 sensors at worst.

Originally Posted By: GeneralEclectic
Seems to me all that other stuff is a waste of money at best, and a risk to the cats and O2 sensors at worst.

Have you any proof of the ill effects that this could have on Cats or O2 sensors?

Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back