Any Meguiar's M40 users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a related thread I asked which products would best resist tire dry rot. Every suggestion was for 303 Aerospace Protectant, I'm all for trying it after doing a little research and have yet to find a substantial amount of negatives on the product.

I did however find Mequiar's M40 and see that it is also very highly regarded but its about $8 cheaper on average. I was looking for some experience on BITOG but thanks to this new wonderful search function I was unable to find anything. If any of you have experience with the product please let yourselves be known!

I'm not interested in using the AP or M40 on the interior or leather, I am happy with ArmorAll Original Protectant and ArmorAll Leather Care
24.gif
I am simply looking for a tire protectant and I'd like to stay away from products using petroleum distillates just to stay on the side of caution.

Vinylex by Lexol - Don't remember the exact formula or do I have a link - but long ago we had a demo by someone in the Porsche club that showed how Vinlyex actually protects from the UV rays while provided come "lube" that that tire soaks up. Also it doesn't "build up" like other products and cause yellowing.

I've used it for over 10 years on all my vehicles - love the product! (i use it for anything vinyl and the tires)

I use m40 on occasion for my tires, they look really good. Lasts about 2 weeks, but I don't mind it. A quick wash of the tires removes it all and theyre ready for the next application, unlike some tire shines that sludge or gum up and are difficult to remove. I also use the Michelin 3 in 1 Tire Shine which is awsome stuff as well.
At first the smell of m40 is pretty strong, but you end up getting used to it and end up liking it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back