quick detailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a wax in spray form?

I'm looking for a spray wax to touch up painted surfaces without breaking out the wax, applicator, microfiber and such. Is instant detailer = a wax in spray form?

Quick detailer is generally not wax. It helps you touch up small spots on your vehicle without having to break out the hose and sponge. There are several spray on waxes as well. They tend to be two separate products. I have found the Turtle Wax ICE detailer is awesome. Then I use Eagle 1 Nano Wax Spray in between paste wax applications. Big time savers.

As Chubbs1 has mentioned, quick detail products are not a wax, they are a detail product. And there are many!

I love most of them as they're all I'm really using these days and my vehicles look fine even after using detail products exclusivly for over 10 years on my own vehicles.

Quick detail product are a light milky looking product(probably silicone) that is designed to use between waxing or on show cars or even to enhance the gloss right after waxing to remove streaks/swirls. I have even seen them being used in "NEW" Car Show Rooms at the dealership by one of the guys/gals from their detail shop. They walk around the showroom going over each car to remove any finger prints from customers and also to remove dust.

And they are called by many names...

*Detail
*Deatiler
*Quick Detail
*Ultimate Detail
*Show Time
*Wax-as-U-dry
*Wax-it-Dry
*All-in-One
*Wipe & Dry
*Mist & Wipe
And you get the picture!

I like them because they're as easy to use as wiping them on and leaving it or polishing/buffing easily for a higher gloss. I use them each time I wash/dry my vehicles so, the vehicles always look/feel "just waxed"!

These detailer products don't dry to a haze. They may dry to a smear(ing) look but, depending on the color of you vehicle, it may not be noticed.

Also, they[detailer] don't leave white residue in scratches/chips like the wax products do(I'm refering to the wax products that dry to a haze). And they can be used on textured moldings and flat black painted surfaces without "chalking". And some of the detailer products can even be used on interiors and tires. Why Not?

If your looking for a product that can keep your vehicle looking/feeling just waxed after washing, use any of the detail type products.

I personaly don't spray the detailer products on my paint as directed but, you can. I like to use a seperate *damp* micro fibre towel and applying the detailer to that towel and going over the paint as if I were drying the vehicle again. Going over each panel one at a time, spraying the towel 6-7 good sprays and wiping the panels, nice'a nice!
laugh.gif

Depending on the color of your vehicle, you may want to keep another dry micro fiber towel with you to remove some of the mild streaking effect that some "detail products" may leave.
Some detail product don't streak at all such as...ZYMOL, Meguiar's Ultimate Detail or some of the boutique procucts from GRIOTS GARAGE & others but, they're a bit more money.

Last edited:
I use duragloss Aquawax after washing. I also use it as a quick detail spray to enhance shine between washing. Seems to work well.

Zaino Z8,Surf City Speed Demon,and Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax,and Duragloss Auto Wax are awesome spray waxes! They're all durable and offer great looks! AutoWax is a genuine bargain!

I'm going to give Mother's F/X a try someday also.

Thanks everyone, I guess I've had my eyes closed for some time since I've never noticed a spray wax. But I just saw Meguiars has two, turtle wax two, mothers, eagle one and black magic.

I got the regular maroon bottle at walmart (quik wax I think)for $5. Later found black magic for $3 that says no buffing, just spray and wipe. This would be ideal since this product is to be used for a tool box and lawn equipment and anything else painted metal (battery charger, air compressor). Just trying to make my stuff last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back