ACDelco 5W-30 dexos1

Status
Not open for further replies.
001-8.jpg

dexos1.jpg

Looks like a very good motor oil. I like the add pack and I assume it is a XOM product by the looks of the bottle?

This looks almost identical to the Motorcraft syn-blend made by Conoco Phillps

Code:
ALUMINUM 1

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 1

COPPER 1

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 79

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 1

POTASSIUM 5

BORON 234

SILICON 5

SODIUM 1

CALCIUM 2135

MAGNESIUM 10

PHOSPHORUS 740

ZINC 858

BARIUM 0

TBN TOTAL BASE 7.32

VIS 100C CS 8.5

OX 7

NIT 9

Interesting how close it looks to Motorcraft. I guess it's a Mobil syn-blend base oil, with whatever add-pack that is, blended in.

Looks like a good oil.

Yep. the bottle surely looks XOM to me. Maybe it is the same add pack bought from the same company like Lubrizol or Infineum and blended, just a different company basestock? Perhaps there is no connection at all but never know.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Yep. the bottle surely looks XOM to me. Maybe it is the same add pack bought from the same company like Lubrizol or Infineum and blended, just a different company basestock? Perhaps there is no connection at all but never know.

Well considering XOM owns half of Infineum......

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

and Shell the other half if I remember correctly

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

and Shell the other half if I remember correctly

Correct. So that would be my bet on the origin of the add pack
wink.gif

The add-pack here, coincidentally, is very close that in M1 0W-40.

It must work well in high-stress situations.........

Dexos-1 oils seem to all be around 11cst. I'm assuming they need to be a bit thicker to deal with turbo/high heat conditions that are part of the equation......

You would think with all the hype and spec discussion this would have been a full synthetic.

If I were to buy a blend I think the Motorcraft would be my choice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
You would think with all the hype and spec discussion this would have been a full synthetic.

If I were to buy a blend I think the Motorcraft would be my choice.

Why build a better product than you need to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back