NAPA oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gentlemen and does anyone here still use or has anyone used NAPA brand motor oil? Thinking of using some next oil change in bout 4500 miles. Can get a case of 5w20 conventional at my work cheap. Thanks in advance,

Seems like decent enough oil. It's produced by Valvoline - and while it isn't just rebranded Valvoline (it's not /quite/ as good) I doubt your motor would ever know the difference.

I picked up two cases of the "Napa Full Synthetic" 5w-30 and have it in my beater car right now. Seems to be working fine.

Thanks JRed, and my brother has been using the 5w30 conventional in his 04' GTO and no problems at all with it and he is so far pushing it to 6000 mile OCI's. He told me on any "good conventional oil" going 3-4k is wasting oil. Think I may get a case of 5w20 conventional. Brother is also using 5w30 synthetic in his wifes 05 Acura TL with out any problems.

Originally Posted By: JRed
Seems like decent enough oil. It's produced by Valvoline - and while it isn't just rebranded Valvoline (it's not /quite/ as good) I doubt your motor would ever know the difference.

I picked up two cases of the "Napa Full Synthetic" 5w-30 and have it in my beater car right now. Seems to be working fine.

What makes you think it's not as good? The additive pack looks identical, from what a uoa can tell.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Can get a case of 5w20 conventional at my work cheap.

How cheap is 'cheap'? Can you get it for less than $2.80/qt?
If not, Motorcraft 5W20 syn blend is a superior oil at a value price (Walmart's Motorcraft 5 qt jug for about $14).

my neighbor went 180k on his subie w/ napa oil and engine still ran great when he sold it

The NAPA full synthetic is on sale for $3.39 this month.
While I know it isn't licensed for dexos 1, how do you think it would do in a vehicle that called for it?

Originally Posted By: pbm
While I know it isn't licensed for dexos 1

i bought napa syn 5w20 yesterday and sure enough it says dexos 1 on the bottle...

Napa conventional is $3.49 per quart and Napa full synthetic is $3.38 a quart right now. It is a no brainer to go with the synthetic right now. And as a fact it is a downgrade from Vavoline SYN. Napa SYN has a TBN of 7.5 and Valvoline SYN has a TBN of 8.7.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford

i bought napa syn 5w20 yesterday and sure enough it says dexos 1 on the bottle...

Must be on the 5W-20 because I have the 5W-30 and can't find it anywhere on the bottle.

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa

Must be on the 5W-20 because I have the 5W-30 and can't find it anywhere on the bottle.

you're right. all of the 5w30 i have seen is still old stock from like 2008...all i saw in the 5w30 was sm, gf-4

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa

you're right. all of the 5w30 i have seen is still old stock from like 2008...all i saw in the 5w30 was sm, gf-4

I got 14 quarts, 8 are SN and 6 are SM. The SN doesn't even have Dexros 1 on the 5W-30 bottle.

It's strange to hear that the 5w20 says dexos when dexos1 is a 5w30 oil...Well...do you guys think this Napa syn would do well in a Cruze turbo?

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Hello gentlemen and does anyone here still use or has anyone used NAPA brand motor oil? Thinking of using some next oil change in bout 4500 miles. Can get a case of 5w20 conventional at my work cheap. Thanks in advance,

yep its a good oil! i really like the syn!! the tbn is a little lower than VWB or synpower but its good oil anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back