Motokote

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest report from Blackstone on Motorkote, looks like nothing in it but a little detergent and 20wt oil.

663a671c.jpg

It's all the "invisible" additives that are doing all the work. The UOA can't see those special hi-tech ingredients.
48.gif

Reading the website it seems they are trying to say it is JUST an ester, they make it clear there are no additives. Thanks for testing but What did you expect to find??

Last edited:
I've actually had remarkable results with Motorkote. Made my motorcycle transmission shift very smoothly. Made a cold-start rattle stop on my 220,000 mile Nissan truck.

haha,, and it made my door knob on my back door stop sticking.. true story.

yeah I was hoping for something to back up all the claims from truckers etc.

magic ingredients don't show up on blackstones tests i guess

Has anyone gotten a UOA from Blackstone after using Motorkote. I have it in my car and unfortunately didn't know all this info and made a decision on hype, won't do that again. So I was thinking of sending in my next oil change in to see what they find...hopefully nothing bad, which is likely since the VOA shows that it is most likely just 20wt.

yeah in a black bottle. I am a little dismayed by this because I have seen this stuff work on seized up bike gears and the like, but a VOA does not lie. I am wondering if there is a different level of test to determine other ingredients/additives.

I'm no fan of this type of product generally, but there are many additives that don't show up in the average UOA.

You guys are all missing the point. Additives do not a quality product make. Do some research on the wonders of esters and you will figure out why products like Motorkote and Lube Gard are so great.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Ok, then, how do we find out just what wonderful esters Motokote has in it? If any.

Ask them. Or, spend a butt load of money to have if run through GCMS.

What I don't understand, is it's got a crazy treatment rate....like 1 or 2 oz. per oil change or something....yet they sell you a 20 oz. bottle (don't quote me on that). lol.

Depends on the application. With a commercial truck with the typical 13L to 15L engine, the application is a full gallon of the stuff at an oil change. Haven't seen what Wally World is charging, but the truckstops are pricing a gallon at $90-$100. Of those that I have checked with that used it, I have not seen that it has any considerable benefit. I have no desire to put that stuff in my $20,000 engine.

banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

* NECROBUMP *
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

- - - - - - - - -

Rather than make a new thread - figured I would just bump the thread with the VOA attached.

Are there any updated VOA's for motorkote floating around?

Any information is appreciated.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stu4202
Has anyone gotten a UOA from Blackstone after using Motorkote. I have it in my car and unfortunately didn't know all this info and made a decision on hype, won't do that again. So I was thinking of sending in my next oil change in to see what they find...hopefully nothing bad, which is likely since the VOA shows that it is most likely just 20wt.

Yes, I tested it in my 2011 Fusion somewhere back in the 40k range. There were no real changes to wear metals, but the funny thing was that the TBN was a full two points higher than the same oil without MotorKote before or after this trial. It was ~2.5 before and after, 4.5 with. Seems counterintuitive to all the naysayers of chlorinated compounds that they kill TBN fast...? P.S.- the run after I used a can of MOS2, that's why the moly skyrocketed.

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
Depends on the application. With a commercial truck with the typical 13L to 15L engine, the application is a full gallon of the stuff at an oil change. Haven't seen what Wally World is charging, but the truckstops are pricing a gallon at $90-$100. Of those that I have checked with that used it, I have not seen that it has any considerable benefit. I have no desire to put that stuff in my $20,000 engine.
The time to add the Motorcoat is about 6 months before a scheduled out of the frame rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back