My new 29er

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so impulsive it scares me. I've been wanting a 29er ever since I found this forum. I have a perfectly sufficient Haro $300 mountain bike that serves it purpose just fine. I go shopping to buy my GF a pillow (don't ask) and drive past a local bike shop. I say to my buddy "what the [censored], lets stop and take a look".

I ask the nice guy a the counter that I'm looking for a rigid 29er, 8 speed preferably.

He walks me around to the only REDLINE D440 in the store.

Wait, it gets better!

It is the 2010 model and %25 off.

Not sure why I even test rode it, I was buying it regardless.

$480+ tax.

It is such a solid feeling bike. It just mows over bumps and coast forever. So dam excited. The color is awesome and I really dig the metallic pin striping.

CIMG4531.jpg

CIMG4533.jpg

CIMG4530.jpg

CIMG4532.jpg

OLD and NEW

CIMG4534.jpg

Nice! Specs? How responsive do you find it? The right geometry is more important in a 29er than a 26" bike I've found...

SRAM SX 5 components, Tektro Alloy Linear brakes.

The bike is super responsive and fits me perfectly. I'm 5'10, 170 lbs and I can toss it around in the turns. I really like how it just rolls over everything and seems to coast forever. 3'inches really makes a difference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bad_Robot
Originally Posted By: dja4260
I go shopping to buy my GF a pillow (don't ask)

(I'm asking.) Did you two guys end up getting pillows for your bosses?

Got her a pillow for her birthday (among other things). Its one sweet, expensive, and comfy pillow. I'm trying it right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back