07 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2l, 57k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC Delco filter (Wix/Purolater/etc is fine too), and whatever the proper weight of oil is as recommend by the manufacture. Pretty sure this has the oil life monitor...you can run it to zero with conventional oil without issues.

Whatever weight GM recommends, I'm going to guess its 5w30, usually says it right on the oil cap.

Just run a quality oil and filter and follow the OLM monitor, nothing more needs to be done. You don't have to run synthetic, the OLM is calibrated for dino. Over on the UOA forum some guys have gotten fantastic results with PYB running it out to 11k or 13k miles in GM's.

M1 5-30EP(Dexos 1), a quality filter, and 10K OCIs. Your engine will stay very clean, and last far longer than you will likely keep the vehicle.

I wouldn't restrict myself to Dexos 1 labeled oils, since the engine and OLM logic in that truck predate the Dexos spec. I have a very similar engine (6.0L L76 G8 GT) and have been running PP or PU with an AC Delco filter. (may have used a Pure 1 at some point or another) One UOA into it on SM PP indicates that the oil is still in good shape at 16% remaining on the OLM. The AC Delco filter for this application is not one of the sometimes derided E-core filters.
That's just what I've been using, whether it is best or not is certainly debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back