Anybody ever heard of Raybestos struts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Raybestos does a few things, but quick struts were never one of them.

A neighbor just got these raybestos quick struts put on her car. She said the price was not too bad either, as they gave her a choice between monroe or raybestos, and that she would just be paying for the name. I took a peek, and they look okay.

Just for kicks, I hopped on rockauto, and sure enough-they had them for my car. They were also about 30 bucks cheaper each too. Makes me think that their has to be a catch, like they are made in china for something..anyone ever try these, or even heard of them? Seems like everyone is making a quick strut now....

As with most worldwide industrial products, Raybestos (under umbrella Affinia Group, Inc.) offers quality parts sourced from Asia, India, Europe, and North-South America. I would trust their products until otherwise indicated.

I did the same with my Ford product sourced from Mexico, a 2010 Fusion. Best vehicle I've owned of dozens of new cars/trucks over many, many decades.

raybestos is now dwelving into the shocks & struts as well.
generally they'll be good I'm sure.

(I'm still a fan of KYB however)

Originally Posted By: EricF
raybestos is now dwelving into the shocks & struts as well.
generally they'll be good I'm sure.

(I'm still a fan of KYB however)

Yes....check out KYB....a quality product... at a decent price.

Wow they show Raybestos, Leacree, and Pro brand complete strut assemblies now. They also have Monroe Economatic struts. That has changed in the last few months. I might try a couple of them on my daughters Taurus at some point.

Would be nice to know how the others compare to Monroe. Would be nice to also know what is different between Monroe Quikstrut and the Monroe Econo Matic strut?

I sent Monroe and E-mail. I think the difference between the Monroe struts might just be the warranty?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilboy123

Would be nice to know how the others compare to Monroe. Would be nice to also know what is different between Monroe Quikstrut and the Monroe Econo Matic strut?

Monroe Economy struts typically last 30,000 miles, whereas the Sensa-trac struts (used in original quick struts) typically last more than 50,000 miles.

Anyway, I saw the statement that Raybestos struts come from many places. So do Monroe struts. I have seen them from the USA, Mexico, South Korea, South Africa, Australia, and I'm sure there are a few more places they are from.

I have only seen KYB products from Japan, however, I rarely ever see KYB products.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Wow they show Raybestos, Leacree, and Pro brand complete strut assemblies now. They also have Monroe Economatic struts. That has changed in the last few months. I might try a couple of them on my daughters Taurus at some point.

I sent Monroe and E-mail. I think the difference between the Monroe struts might just be the warranty?

Yeah, I noticed that they added a few too! Never heard of Pro either. Leacree is used by the budget shops around here..I know that they are made in china...but the shops say they work.

I was planning on sensa tracs myself, because the roads are so bad here in MI. After thinking about it, if the raybestos could last 3 or 4 years, I'd be happy...

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
As with most worldwide industrial products, Raybestos (under umbrella Affinia Group, Inc.) offers quality parts sourced from Asia, India, Europe, and North-South America. I would trust their products until otherwise indicated.

Upon installing a NAPA oil filter today, I noticed the Affinia Group/Wix logo on the box.

Upon installing a NAPA oil filter today, I noticed the Affinia Group/Wix logo on the box.

NAPA is a major outlet for DANA/Raybestos.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

NAPA is a major outlet for DANA/Raybestos.

Makes me wonder how many Napa products are raybestos..

I have only seen KYB products from Japan, however, I rarely ever see KYB products.[/quote]

Check (RockAuto.com) ......for KYB products.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Makes me wonder how many Napa products are raybestos..

I suspect that many folks would be amazed to discover that there is a corporate connection between the Raybestos brand and Meow Mix cat food, but others would similarly be offended by the idea that the U.S. Government's interest in GM (from the bailout) may soon be sold to the Chinese (SAIC), thus giving China a controlling interest in General Motors.

It's a convoluted world that produces some GREAT products and some INFERIOR PRODUCTS...buyer be informed and buyer beware.

Fresh E-mail I just got from Monroe on the difference between the Monroe Quikstrut and the Monroe Econo Matic strut:

Thank you for contacting Tenneco Automotive. The Quick Strut is going to
utilize a Sensa Trac strut, giving you our most premium, smooth comfortable
ride. The Econo-Matic is going to utilize a Monroe Matic strut, which is
going to give you a more, firm, floaty ride similar to O.E.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

For further questions or assistance, please contact technical assistance at
734-384-7809 M - F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

Monroe Team Member,
Kandus

Don't know what the heck RockAuto is doing. Now that don't even list the Raybestos complete strut for the rear of a Taurus 96 year.

Seems like the selection is ever-changing.....

Giving the Raybestos Struts a try....I've been told by a few people that this is their version of the sensa trac.

We will see this weekend.

Stay Away From Leacree!!!! Put all 4 corners on my '97 Camry almost 9 months ago and I need to replace the front 2 very soon!! The back 2 are almost ready to go as well! Seems that Leacree saves money by not using a quality strut mount and typically (as in my case in the front) decided to not use a bearing and instead uses a plastic bushing!!! They rattled right from the start, I just thought something else was bad in my front end but now I know better! Save yourself the time and buy another brand. Yes, Rock Auto has great prices and I will still buy from them, especially if they do me right with some sort of return/refund on the JUNK they sold me! Go with KYB's or Monroe... But stay away from the Econo-Matics unless you just need to save money.. Bought a set for my '95 Taurus that had busted springs in back, the ride is better but they are very bouncy for a brand new unit!!

I just installed Monroe Sensatrac struts on the front of my 92 Cavalier and sensatrac shocks on the rear. A big improvement over the 160,000 mile originals.

I wasn't aware the Raybestos sold struts. I only thought they made brake components. I just installed Raybestos rotors and brake pads on the same Cavalier. I have never used this brand before so I'm curious on how they will hold up, especially the rotors. The Wagner rotors I had on before warped badly in no time.

Wayne

Dana has not owned Raybestos for a number of years, Affinia corp. owns them. Wix is an Affinia brand as are many former Dana products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back