Napa Ultra Platinum filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
Interesting..hopfully it's a full synthetic filter with great efficiency ratings.

First it was Amsoil Eao

Then Fram Extendaguard

Now Wix.....

Big Al....are you sure your not from the future?

I caught my NAPA with there Golds on sale for my application (1986 Mazda B2000, FIL 1357) for $3.54 but are usually 5.54.

My brother (2007 GMC Sierra, FIL7060) was able to buy the master pack, which has (12) of the same FIL7060 filter, just wrapped in plastic instead of boxed, and got them for $3.44 per filter and normally go for around $5.50.

This was specific to one NAPA. Another NAPA didn't have these same filters at the sale prices, but rather the normal $5.50. I didn't understand it. They even had to order my filter in the next day and sold it at the sale price so that would insinuate to me that they won't necessary selling down there stock.

I'm wondering which rebranded filter is the NAPA Ultra Premium as well.

I work for a five store Napa chain. Here is the new lineup according to the information provided by corp:

ProSelect-designed for the wholesale trade. Mix of Wix and other manufacturers. This filter will not be advertised on the retail side.

Silver-Wix sourced filter. Comparable to old ProSelect.

Gold-Wix sourced filter. No changes from the current/old Gold filter.

Platinum-Wix sourced filter. Brand new filter with premium construction. My guess is similar to Amsoil filter that is assembled by Wix.

Our rep said he would have more information in August which is also when the new filters will be available. I will let everyone know more once I hear.

Dave

Now everyone who stock piles filters is hating it! I would like to inspect/use on of these new puppies.

Originally Posted By: hisilver
Now everyone who stock piles filters is hating it! I would like to inspect/use on of these new puppies.

Ahh..i'll just add them to the stash!

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
Napa Platinum

Synthetic media but $12.49 a pop.

SEMI_287, out of curiosity what is the price of a Gold in your area? I've had to pay almost that much for a Wix or Gold locally.

About
$6 and some change with tax.

According to NAPA Online, they are now in stock in my closest (central Iowa) store, but I haven't tried to buy one yet.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
According to NAPA Online, they are now in stock in my closest (central Iowa) store, but I haven't tried to buy one yet.

Yep same here river i checked my applications and $12.69 there available here in MI,cool going to have grab a few!

wish we knew the efficiency specs may have to call WIX,hope these filters are on par with the RP and StrataPore filters there already little bit cheaper so that's a plus and with NAPA's filter sale in the spring may even be a better deal.

anybody dig up some efficiency's post them up.

Turns out NAPA Online was wrong. The store hasn't seen them yet. The warehouse doesn't have any yet either.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Turns out NAPA Online was wrong. The store hasn't seen them yet. The warehouse doesn't have any yet either.

I know ours knows nothing of them yet either. In fact they didn't know they existed until I said something...

Ok here's the scoop. This filter will be a direct competition to Amsoil Ea line. I saw one cut apart today and they are identical. Full synthetic wire backed medium, silicone anti-drainback valve, nitrile gasket, coil spring, and high flow area (when applicable). Napa will be offering 3 lines now, all made by Wix. Platinum, Gold (regular re-packaged Wix) and a Silver line which compares to fram and a few others to name a few. They will still offer their [censored], leaky, proselect. (not made by Wix) and the NASCAR line is discontinued.

PS I work at Napa.

Originally Posted By: TMahaffey
Ok here's the scoop. This filter will be a direct competition to Amsoil Ea line. I saw one cut apart today and they are identical. Full synthetic wire backed medium, silicone anti-drainback valve, nitrile gasket, coil spring, and high flow area (when applicable). Napa will be offering 3 lines now, all made by Wix. Platinum, Gold (regular re-packaged Wix) and a Silver line which compares to fram and a few others to name a few. They will still offer their [censored], leaky, proselect. (not made by Wix) and the NASCAR line is discontinued.

PS I work at Napa.

Very very good i love it!,,any chance you can get us some efficiency/Beta specs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back