Why would TCW3 smooth out an idle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget....you may not see the effects immediately. It does that a couple/three tankfuls to really notice the difference. It will be lubing your fuel pump, coating your gas tank and fuel lines as well as your injectors and combustion chamber.

IMO....I did not immediately notice a big difference....but by the 3rd tank-full, I no longer heard any noise from the fuel pump and my acceleration and idle were noticeably better.

Then came the big test with some long distance driving and I did notice that my miles per tankful were much better and the 4Runner ran a lot smoother with 87 Gas infected with ethanol. I really noticed this especially on acceleration while getting onto the highway. There was no longer any slight rattle of the pistons when I gunned it to get onto the highway. Just a real nice smooth acceleration with TC-W3/Chevron Techron Fuel System clean mix lubing the upper cylinder.

I did enough driving with and without TCW3 to formulate my opinion on MPG.

And the verdict is: no MPG difference in Prius!

The initial difference was due to westward/eastward difference in the both way hwy trip and there was some wind influence. Additional both way hwy trips showed no difference: 48 MPG with and without TCW3 with 73 MPH average speed.

I also see no MPG difference in city, but MPG fluctuates a lot of course with different trips (50-70 MPH on the car display).

However, 1:500 TCW3 does make a difference in combustion and I can clearly hear louder exhaust on acceleration with TCW3. I would not be surprised if it helped with combustion chambers deposits.

I think that your mix ratio of 500:1 was too great. I myself have seen results with a mix ratio of 640:1. Maybe give it another shot?

Jim

I believe TC-W3, MMO etc. play more of a part in sensitive fueling systems or worn/older systems. As always, nothing is guaranteed to work or help every app, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back