harbor freight warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had a tool replaced by harbor freight yet? I have quite a few seldom used hand tools with a lifetime warranty and am wondering if its as easy as with Craftsman where you just bring it to them and they give you a new one without any hassle?

I've brought back: 3lb cross pein hammer (head loosened from handle), pliers (snapped tips, marred teeth, rubber grips faking off), a screwdriver (snapped tip right off).

Like any other place, it depends on who you get. Sometimes it's been hassle free, other times the employee looked bewildered when you said, "not a return, a warranty exchange" as if they had never heard of a lifetime warranty. Bring your receipt if you still have it, it helps them feel comfortable.

I had one defective wrench in a set (bad forge on one side). Noticed it several months later when I tried to use that size. No questions asked. They took one from a new set and gave it to me

I've returned a few things, had no problems-BUT-be careful using anything that you have to exert a lot of force on/work hard-I've split their impact sockets right down the side and their generic vise-grip pliers are JUNK!

I exchanged a torque wrench, they were cool about it, but the gal mentioned that it is a "limited" lifetime warrenty- which means they will exchange it if they still carry the same tool.

I have posted this previously as regards HF LTW hand tools. I asked an employee if the return on them was no questions asked and or if I needed a reciept. His response was, if it breaks bring it back, if we recognize it as ours (no receipt), just pick a new one.
21.gif

I've had a few returned and replaced no questions asked, and was never asked for the receipt either.

The manager in Yorkville, NY store is very good and so are the rest of the workers in the store

I got a better idea - Don't buy the cheap, chinese, HF [censored], and you won't have to worry about a HF warranty.

HF prices are hard to beat, quality keeps getting better, and the coupons that they send in the mail make the deal even better. Im looking at buying a wrench from there in the near future

Originally Posted By: kasedian
I got a better idea - Don't buy the cheap, chinese, HF [censored], and you won't have to worry about a HF warranty.

Sir, you have done nothing to answer this question and have NOTHING to contribute to this thread. Perhaps you should move on to somewhere you can be of service.

Personally, I used my HF torque wrenches, rear brake caliper tool and electric impact gun along with my american Kolbalt tools yesterday and they all performed flawless.

I haven't had any of my tools from HF perform badly and I have plently of them to go with my Craftsman and Koblat tools.

Maybe if I had your finances I could afford to do that with a tool I only use 1 or 2 times a year. Please PM me so you can forward me a debit card with a few thousand on it.

I might add I've never had to "worry" about Harbor Freights warrenty.

Last edited:

+1
If you're going to USE a tool, especially with your hands on it, why buy a tool that you figure from the get-go will break on you? If you use something that you don't have your body involved in (jack, winch, welder) taking a chance isn't as much of a chance.

Never had a hand toolfrom Harbor Freight break or fail on me, course I know how and the correct way to use tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back