2004 Sebring trans oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, for a 2004 Chrysler Sebring, with automatic, what ATF is acceptable to use besides the chrysler dealer only stuff.
And also if you know, how much actually drains when just dropping the pan, but not disasembling it, or draining the convert.

Im not sure of how much comes out , should be in the manual or call the dealer. As far as the fluid any ATF+4 with a license number is fine. Chrysler regulates this fluid very strictly so any fluid on this list http://www.centerforqa.com/licensedatf4brands.html is good. Popular choices are Castrol ,Valvoline and Pennzoil. However since there is so little variation in the formula due to highly regulated basestocks and additive packs , I choose Supertech ATF+4 from walmart, performs the same but is generally $1-2 cheaper by the quart

You didn't say if the 04 was a 4 door or 2 door. The 4 door was made by Chrysler and uses atf+4. The two door was made by Mitsubishi and use diamond star spIII. Having said that I have two of the 2 doors and am using atf+4 in place of the spIII per dealer TSB.

Originally Posted By: Ross
You didn't say if the 04 was a 4 door or 2 door. The 4 door was made by Chrysler and uses atf+4. The two door was made by Mitsubishi and use diamond star spIII. Having said that I have two of the 2 doors and am using atf+4 in place of the spIII per dealer TSB.

I did not know there was a difference.
It is a 4 door car.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: Ross

Wow, thats interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back