Anyone heard of the "Viper Cell"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peaked my interest. Hurry up NAPA
smile.gif

"We had a 9-percent, 11-percent and a 14-percent increase in the fuel mileage. We're looking at about a $700 per month saving per vehicle," said Smith.

So, if he says those vehicles are saving around 700 dollars a month based on between 9 and 14 percent fuel consumption reduction...how much are those vehicles costing to run a month?

I may be wrong but I'm almost certain that due to EPA and environmental regulations the vapor pressure of oxygenated fuels is regulated. No device that alters this would likely be sold if it actually did alter those parameters.

I hate to hang a negative connotation on my geographic area but there are some true slack jawed hay seeds down here that would fall for anything. I'd file this device in the drawer with the fuel line magnets and the swirly tornado thingy.

Try this one
http://www.fastskinz.com/
Or this one
http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Fuel+Saver+Module/3/
Or this one
http://www.etieco.com/guarantee.htm
Or this one
http://www.fuelecosystems.com/index2.html
Or these
Save $0.50 Per Gallon
www.eniva.com
EPA Registered Fuel Enhancer
20 Years of Research - 20% Increase
Save Gas - Better Mileage
www.vorteccyclone.com
Instant Mileage Gains up to 35% -
Money-Back Guarantee. Only $39
50+ Horse Power ECU Chip
www.engineperformancechip.com
$39. Guaranteed maximum horsepower.
Free Shipping. Lifetime Warranty.
Fuel Doctor USA
www.fueldoctorusa.com
Save money by saving your fuel.
Give the revolutionary FD-47 a try.
Fuel Magic Fuel Additive
www.fuelmagic.net
Saves Fuel - Adds Power
Cleans Engine - Reduces Pollution
New Tornado Fuel Saver
www.tornadofuel-saver.com
With $10 Instant Rebate Today Only
Ships Same Day. 365 Day Warrenty
super-fuelsaver
www.super-fuelsaver.com
save money increase power
reduce emission
Fuel Savers
www.ask.com
Get Fuel Savers
Find Fuel Savers

Yours is one of these:

Eye of Newt, Oil of Snake...

Don't even bother.

Oh, it's the old metal-cylinder "catalyst" device making yet another appearance as fuel prices increase.

It's still snake oil.

Sir, I sell snake oil, that thing is just plain old [censored]!

Are you an Amsoil dealer?

The website doesn't even attempt to describe how the device works in any real detail, let alone does it provide evidence that the principles on which it works have been tested and proven.

The "Emissions and Performance" section, which shows the results of real tests, is at the grade school level in how it attempts to establish valid claims. Anyone attempting to use "data" like that in any real scientific, industrial, or commercial setting would be patted on the head and advised to go home and play with his toys some more.

The strongest indications of third-party endorsements are "ASE mechanic tested and approved" and customer testimonials. Again, zero science, and zero credibility (or as close to zero as makes no difference).

I'm not optimistic.
wink.gif

food for thought:

(*if you seriously want to up your fuel mileage in your automobile, consider doing this*)

shed some unnecessary weight in both your automobile (noise/sound padding, subwoofer amp+ box, etc.) and your occupant weight (don't mind shedding some weight myself too) and instantly, you get an easy 10% or more in fuel economy increase w/o even mechanically compromising your automobile.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
food for thought:

(*if you seriously want to up your fuel mileage in your automobile, consider doing this*)

shed some unnecessary weight in both your automobile (noise/sound padding, subwoofer amp+ box, etc.) and your occupant weight (don't mind shedding some weight myself too) and instantly, you get an easy 10% or more in fuel economy increase w/o even mechanically compromising your automobile.

Q.

I agree wholeheartedly. And check your tire pressure first, you unwashed masses of beige driving, cell phone talking, lane swerving, latte swilling, oblivious drivers.

Had a rough commute this morning, can you tell?

Originally Posted By: chad8

Are you an Amsoil dealer?

I am not.

Regarding this 'product', consumer reports will come out soon enough to prove/disprove this 'further'.

I brought it up here(btw there is a link to the 'viper cell' site via my original link), because it is something happening locally and that was reported on by the local ATL news. My dad mentioned these other 'traps' you did and this very well may be another one. I in no way have any affiliation to selling something. I'm bringing it up as a topic for discussion.

Also, there is a video of the originally aired report via the link.

Last edited:
ltslimjim because it is something happening locally and that was reported on by the local ATL news. My dad mentioned these other 'traps' you did and this very well may be another one. I in no way have any affiliation to selling something. I'm bringing it up as a topic for discussion. [/quote said:
Well, these fly-by-nite work d'art stuff came and went through human being's automobile history. Time and lots of academic-level scientific research and testings will prove it's worthiness.

Just because the public media (news, paper, radio, etc.) made a report on that stuff doesn't lend credibility to it (by default), afterall: public media are no research-grade scientist board who can differentiate between the "real mcCoy" vs "snake oil"...they just publish what they found to the mass public, that's all...

We'll see...

Q.
grin.gif

I totally get the points one must consider. For all anyone that 'doesnt' know "knows", it's some sort of money making scam. In other world apps, it may yield 'positive' results for one space ship but not another.
grin2.gif

I in no way care if anyone buys this product or not. It was for general discussion, observations purposes. It's like, really...would it 'build up' enough pressure as claimed by the mechanic in the video to make a 'gummy' injector function close to original efficiency and then ALL of the 'improved' gas savings be credited to the device; when all you needed was to buy a good fuel system cleaner?

Last edited:
If there was an emissions legal hillbilly contraption that resulted in a reduction in fuel consumption of 14%, the automakers would be using it already.

Originally Posted By: Quest
food for thought:

Q.

Yes. ^^^^

It's funny that a report just came out stating that U.S. morbid obesity is at an all-time record high and still rising as we speak!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back