Castrol BOT 402 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2011 Chevy Cruze with the 6 speed manual. It has castrol BOT 402 oil in the trans, a 75w85 weight. I never heard of the stuff before, and cant seem to find a lot of info on it. Just wondering if its good stuff and if there might be a better alternative out there for down the road when I get the urge to change the fluid. Being the over-maintenancer that I am, that time will come most def. Thanks!!

First off just as you said, you don't need to worry right now. Next, it is probably either not out or it is sold under a different name. You will have to either be patient or ask your dealer. My 2011 Sonata has trans fluid not available to the public yet (unless you buy it from the dealer).

Just be patient.

Nice car!

It is my understanding that the Castrol BOT xyz fluids are only available from the car dealer. In the cases I am aware of, the BOT fluids were developed by Castrol for specific applications in cooperation with the manufacturer.

HACCOFFICER,

What does the owner's manual say regarding the fluid? A 75W-85 is approximately the equivalent of an SAE 30 motor oil at operating temperature. Does the manual specify a GL5 or a GL4 oil?

I know Redline makes a 75W-85 Gear Lube, but I suspect it's not suitable for manual transmissions, only for differentials.

Hi,
HACCOFFICER - This lubricant appears to be a development of Castrol's excellent PAO/ester based gear lubricant range. It has been developed in Germany alongside GM's Opel Division - it will be an outstanding gear oil

I have used these Castrol variants in various applications for several decades with truely excellent results - and still do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back