Toyota 0W-20 10kkm at Auris 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Very boring UOA ;-) from my company car. Great results even with quite high factory Si still. Best time (1 year used) for oil change looking at tbn/tan ratio.
Only iron/copper ratio concerns me - can it be due to high moly content?

Comments welcome..

auris08.jpg

Wow that oil has a very stout add pack. Thats a lot of moly and it has some boron! Should work great and keep an engine spotless.

Yet another neat little car that actually looks good that we can't get in America,we're stuck with the Yaris,similar but not the same.

Good looking results . Wonder if the Toyota 0w-20 here in the states have the same additives ? As for the IRON that seems to be the norm . The 2 YARIS ( '08 sedan , 2010 3 door ) U.O.A.s for the 1.5 ltr. we posted have high IRON as well . Maybe these take longer to break in
21.gif
. Here are the U.O.A.s for both for a comparison . 2008 sedan http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2258333&page=1 , there's a link with this thread to the 2010 results . We too like the looks of the AURIS . They're bringing a similar new YARIS model for 2012 somtime this year . Thanks for the post .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
Wow that oil has a very stout add pack. Thats a lot of moly and it has some boron! Should work great and keep an engine spotless.

This oil in Poland costs ~ 27$ 1L bottle at Toyota service and available there only...

Originally Posted By: odie
Good looking results . Wonder if the Toyota 0w-20 here in the states have the same additives ? As for the IRON that seems to be the norm . The 2 YARIS ( '08 sedan , 2010 3 door ) U.O.A.s for the 1.5 ltr. we posted have high IRON as well . Maybe these take longer to break in
21.gif
. Here are the U.O.A.s for both for a comparison . 2008 sedan http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2258333&page=1 , there's a link with this thread to the 2010 results . We too like the looks of the AURIS . They're bringing a similar new YARIS model for 2012 somtime this year . Thanks for the post .

I fing my Iron wear great for 10kkm OCI - it is ~1ppm per 1k mi so good enough to me

Is this synthetic or conventional oil ?

No info about that. Toyota 0W-20 Formula XS API SM ILSAC GF-4. Must be some real sythetic there - no oil consumption even hot summer dynamic hwy and no noise at start-ups till the end of OCI - what I can't say about their 5W-30 A1 SL FE oil - became black after 3kkm / 3 months and made start-ups very noisy - dual vvti engine - 5W-30 is much cheaper...

At the dealer here in the US, I'm buying Toyota 0W-20 for $5 a quart in case quantity.

I think this oil is a bargain at that price.

You have much cheaper oils there in US... In Poland you can find dino Castrol for ~ 40$ at the dealer VW, Audi and they advertise these oils cheap because you should run them 20-30kkm sometimes even 2 years..

I'd assume it's synthetic or at least synthetic blend. Is it even possible to make 0w-XX mineral oil?

Would Toyota use a supplier over in Europe for a 0w20 sold there, or would they use XOM like they do in North America? Without looking for the VOA and UOA (I know we have some - I've done both a VOA and a UOA, but on the original Idemitsu formula, not the Mobil formula), I think the oil looks similar (high moly for example) to the North American Toyota 0w20.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I'd assume it's synthetic or at least synthetic blend. Is it even possible to make 0w-XX mineral oil?

HC+ / GIII+ of course possible - we can't be sure of PAO nowadays even in 0W, maybe Noack would help but there is no data about the oil I'm afraid.
Nevertheless - good UOA - the only issue is that next fill (just after the 0W-20) 5W-30 with BG MOA (added after 3kkm) had quite high insolubles (0,5) after just 5kkm (it was almost black just after 3kkm even w/o the MOA) - see the UOA below...
myauris2.jpg

Originally Posted By: rcy
Would Toyota use a supplier over in Europe for a 0w20 sold there, or would they use XOM like they do in North America? Without looking for the VOA and UOA (I know we have some - I've done both a VOA and a UOA, but on the original Idemitsu formula, not the Mobil formula), I think the oil looks similar (high moly for example) to the North American Toyota 0w20.

Idemitsu is possible, in EU Total/Elf has lots of such contracts - e.g. with GM but I asked Toyota Motor Poland for more info about their oils offered in Poland - we will see.. ;-)
In JP it is Jaytec:

http://jaytec-lubricants.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7_14&products_id=4

and the link below shows this 0W-20 PAO blend with high Noack but I'm not sure if it is the same:
http://www.jaytec.jp/eng_eco_rider0w-20.htm

The one offered in Poland looks like M1:
0w20_tcm306-872954.jpg

I would like to use this oil but before I buy a case of the XOM black bottle Toyota 0w-20 synthetic CURRENTLY being sold in the US, I sure would like to see a current VOA or UOA. All of the information available about this oil is either outdated (non-XOM) or from outside the US.

Originally Posted By: wag123
I would like to use this oil but before I buy a case of the XOM black bottle Toyota 0w-20 synthetic CURRENTLY being sold in the US, I sure would like to see a current VOA or UOA. All of the information available about this oil is either outdated (non-XOM) or from outside the US.

Just have to figure out how to use the (less than optimum) search engine on BITOG.

Here's a post of mine with the original Idemitsu formula and the (at the time) new XOM formula.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1989921&page=1

Last edited:
Thank you rcy! I thought that I looked hard enough to find a post like yours.
But, my question still remains. Do you (or anybody else) know if the black quart bottle Toyota 0w-20 (part # 00279-0WQTE) that the US Toyota dealers are now selling is the same oil as the silver litre bottle Toyota 0w-20 that they sold you in Canada last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back