Penrite - where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

Can anyone help where to buy Penrite oils outside Australia?
USA/Canada? EU?

Best Regards
Richard

Thx!

But UK only sells products for classics/veterans
frown.gif

Last edited:
a search will show all penrite dealers in usa. summitracing.com now carries some varieties but may be able to get others

Originally Posted By: Richi
Hi all!

USA/Canada? EU?

Best Regards
Richard

Which oil are you after ?

Originally Posted By: Richi
Hi all!

USA/Canada? EU?

Best Regards
Richard

Can I be the first to ask why you want their oil?

Yes, I know they make some oils with high Zinc (great for old cars).
But the marketing, even for late model vehicles, is to put in the thickest oil you can get/or a bit thicker than the manufacturers recommendation (Because "Thicker is always better"). The "Extra-10" line is one such example... Their oils are also seemingly self-approved. There was a thread around here I found where a poster pointed this out.

I cannot understand the Australian resistance to modern, thinner oils, even as an Aussie myself. This thick stuff is no good for any car used for city driving, too thick to protect adequately on startup!

I plugged in numbers for my E36, and they were suggesting 10/15w-60 Racing oils for my car... A 2.0L M50!
They even sell 25w70 oil. If you need an oil that thick, your engine *might* need to be rebuilt. Just a suggestion, LOL.

Originally Posted By: flatlinerz
I always thought it was only available in Australia, didn't know it was overseas too.

And New Zealand - but I think Australia is considered part of New Zealand these days.

Originally Posted by Silk
Originally Posted by flatlinerz
I always thought it was only available in Australia, didn't know it was overseas too.

And New Zealand - but I think Australia is considered part of New Zealand these days.

I see what you did there.
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back