Top Gear oldie: E39 BMW M5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think that this is my favorite car of all time. so subtle, so sweet!

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
BMW really went and made the 5 series f-ugly after the E39
+1, that's the last thing they've made that I have any interest in. They really lost the plot after that.

IMHO, it looked like Pontiac might be on the verge of picking up where BMW left off but we know how that story ended.

Originally Posted By: calvin1
that's the last thing they've made that I have any interest in. They really lost the plot after that.

ahem... except when they made my E46 330 Ci performance package Coupe
smile.gif

DSC_0396.jpg

smile.gif

Sorry, 8 years and 400k miles spent commuting across Chicago left me with a dim view of the 3 series. Technically it's the owners but ya gotta lay at least some of the blame on the cars too for the idiots they attract. It kinda makes you feel bad for the E30 that it had such fools for sons.

35.gif

that's the last thing they've made that I have any interest in. They really lost the plot after that.

smile.gif

DSC_0396.jpg

One of the M5's I was looking at had your car's wheels. I thought it was odd.... Was wondering where the "right" wheels for the car went.

I think they look excellent on your car BTW, but when you are shopping for a "stock" M5, and you find one with the wrong wheels.... It makes you wonder what else has been changed.

smile.gif

Sorry, 8 years and 400k miles spent commuting across Chicago left me with a dim view of the 3 series. Technically it's the owners but ya gotta lay at least some of the blame on the cars too for the idiots they attract.

oh yeah, agree 100% - although Off topic, (we were discussing the design elements) i see plenty of morons driving BMWs (all series, not just 3) everyday, and plenty of morons blaming the company for their behavior.
smile.gif

about the wheels- I saw that somewhere some 5 series did come with the same wheels, but not sure if they were M version 5's or not...

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Nope, pick it up Thursday. Bought a 2001.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: cchase

thumbsup2.gif

I'm giddy just thinking about driving it, LMAO!!!!

Originally Posted By: cchase

thumbsup2.gif

I'm giddy just thinking about driving it, LMAO!!!!

That is exciting! What colour is it? I guess there isn't too many running around town, if I see one I'll assume its you.

Car is LeMans blue.

And yeah, they aren't too common, LMAO!!!

Colour is very much like Ford's Sonic Blue that I absolutely love on the '03/'04 Cobra.

You ever see me in the Expedition? you must have, I mean I'm one of two black ones in town and the only one with a Mobil 1 sticker on the back window.

Car is LeMans blue.

Colour is very much like Ford's Sonic Blue that I absolutely love on the '03/'04 Cobra.

You ever see me in the Expedition? you must have, I mean I'm one of two black ones in town and the only one with a Mobil 1 sticker on the back window.

I have seen you in the Expedition then, I'm sure you're the only guy in one of those taking corners with some speed, lol.
I've got some goofy looking 13" VW steelies and some wider tires on my green Neon, I'm sure I'm the only one on the planet with that combonation.
Le Mans blue is a good colour for that beast, hope I'll see it soon!

Green Neon? Like sort of a snot green? I think I have seen you!!!

And yes, I'm the only one in a black Expie taking corners with speed, so you have indeed seen me, that's hilarious! The Rancho's really control the body roll
wink.gif
hehehehhe!

I go to pick it up at 10AM. Still needs a safety and E-test however. Hopefully get to drive it for the weekend.

Car is LeMans blue.

LeMans Blue E39 M5 is one sexy car...

Yours has this interior, right?

E39M5sportdash.jpg

I can't imagine a better color scheme than that, congrats.

And I'm glad that guy doesn't work at Top Gear anymore, the dude was super annoying to me.

Nice vids Ben
wink.gif

Yes, same interior, except the inlay is like the outside blue of the car. Same brushed aluminum trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back