Quaker State 5w30, 1995 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post and second oil analysis. As you can see, the vehicle has 186,142 miles and 4,353 miles on the oil. It is the original engine and sees mostly highway mileage. I use a standard (not synthetic glass) oversize Baldwin B2 filter. I used to change the oil around 3,000 miles. After having it analyzed, Blackstone recommended trying 4,000. This sample was over 4,300 and they recommended going even longer! Pretty good for dino. Comments welcome...

-

First off,
welcome.gif

Great report! It's good to see QS producing top-notch numbers. However, I'm wondering if your engine isn't a prime candidate for Auto-Rx to reduce or eliminate the 2 quarts of makeup oil. With this many miles on the car, using a High Mileage oil is a solid choice, but AutoRx seems like the way to go.

One thing's for sure, you're engine is hardly wearing out. Just need to fix that excessive consumption.

Does "irq3" relate to comm port 2 ? or does it mean something else?

I use synthetic but its great to see the regular stuff work so well, and so cheaply. Just think, start with QS when the vehicle is under 36K miles and you get FREE warranty protection on the engine out to 250K miles. Change oil & filter every 4K/4 mo. Even on dino. QS has been a "working man's oil."

Don't know if anyone has ever tried to collect from QS, but at least it doesn't cost anything. QS has a good, long, reputation, but doesn't seem to get much attention on this site.

Yeah, are you leaking or burning?

Because you burnt 2 quarts in 4000 miles and the viscosity is still dead on? Good job QS.

ToyotaNSaturn: irq3 is computer lingo. It is my user name for another site and it's easy to remember.

The vehicle is on it's last leg. It is driven daily and has seen 9 New England winters. It is going to fall apart before the engine dies.

There is a tiny leak but, most of the oil consumption is from burning. I'm sure adding 2 quarts helped replenish the additives and kept the numbers in check. I've heard mixed opinions about Quaker State so, I had the analysis performed out of curosity. I'm running Mobil 1 synthetic in another vehicle and will have to see how that is holding up. I guess that's why I'm here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back