Pure Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list on Pure Gas is getting smaller,and smaller. At least in PA anyway. Last year at this time,there were a lot more places. And some actually near me. Now, there is nothing near me.
frown.gif

We have found that by keeping tires pumped up, using the correct weight energy conserving oil, and by improving one's driving habits that you can more than overcome the small MPG hit that you get from using fuel containing 10% Ethanol.

We still have some stations that claim their gasoline is Ethanol free and have signs bragging about the fact.

This may come across as slightly unscientific, but don't you notice alcohol doped gas has a different smell? In my opinion it smells terrible, somewhat cabbagey, and the past winter was the most "that way" it's ever smelt in my memory. Also, fuel economy was among the historical worst last winter.

Apparently there are only 6 pure stations in PA; one is only 10 miles from me. Says it's a Sunoco, not sure how the dealer gets a different mix from every other Sunoco.
Sure seems to be a niche market if you're an independent and can find a supplier.

Yeah I'd be suspicious if the terminal stopped carrying pure gas but a station in its distribution area kept advertising it.

Like that Seinfeld where they analyzed a "fat free" dessert restaurant and found fat.

I havent been to a pure gas station in ages, so I stopped worrying about it.

As far as i'm concerned, I'll probably never see one again.

I know in PA starting in May it was too expensive for the lone supplier in PA to distribute pure gas. If you want pure gas in PA, expect to pay 40 cents higher per gallon for it as it comes from a long way a way.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
The list on Pure Gas is getting smaller,and smaller. At least in PA anyway. Last year at this time,there were a lot more places. And some actually near me. Now, there is nothing near me.
frown.gif

It's not just PA -- the NY list is shrinking fast too.

My area went corn-hugger last year.
09.gif
Thank God for Sta-Bil!

In my owners manual it says do not use alcohol blended gas engine damage will occur, not might but will occur.
The Gas industry sucks in NA.

I was told by a station owner in PA that he can no longer get E-free gas from depot b/c of a new ruling mandated state wide. the same may apply in NY as you can't really find any real gas anymore. that was last summer when I went looking for real gas for the hot rod.

In Hendersonville NC there was a Sunoco station hat had a pump on the side of the building that had ethanol free gas.
Recently, two of the Triangle Stop Marathon stations changed out their pumps. The old pumps had 3 nozzles, and 3 tanks (reg, plus and premium). They bought new pumps that mix the reg and premium for the plus, and uses the third tank for ethanol free. Supposedly for older cars, rv, and small motors. 90 octane. Same price as premium.
I filled up the Wrangler and felt a big difference. Not sure if it was for the ethanol free or the 90 octane, but it smoothed out the idle and got better mpg. I run it exclusively in the bikes now.
I chatted with the tanker driver. He said the ethanol is added separately because it has to be brought in by tanker as it could not be run in the pipeline.
I assume that anything from the pipeline is ehanol free until the ethanol is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back