Lucas UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a quart squeeze bottle of this stuff in my shed. It says that is good for upper cylinder lubrication and has some cleaning properties.

I went ahead and added 4-5 ounces to the tank today when I filled up the Prius. Does anyone know how well this stuff works as a cleaner to supplement low-quality gasoline?

Try it and report back. I find prius to be a good test mule for MPG improvements. I noticed MPG jump with TCW3 on hwy, but not much in city. Need to test more. In the past could never validate MPG change in corolla or subaru, but didn't try it in prius.

IMO anything that leaves an oily film will solve deposits and leave them softer. This makes it easier to burn/blow off, especially under high load transients.

Strange, in the last 25 miles I've driven the Prius, I've gotten some of the lowest MPG that I have ever gotten-- 41.

Let's hope it isn't related to the UCL,
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Strange, in the last 25 miles I've driven the Prius, I've gotten some of the lowest MPG that I have ever gotten-- 41.

Let's hope it isn't related to the UCL,
lol.gif

With only 800 miles on your car, I am not sure that you have a baseline yet.

Jim

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I found a quart squeeze bottle of this stuff in my shed. It says that is good for upper cylinder lubrication and has some cleaning properties.

I went ahead and added 4-5 ounces to the tank today when I filled up the Prius. Does anyone know how well this stuff works as a cleaner to supplement low-quality gasoline?

The Critic,

I used this product when I had my mothers 89' Camry. During it's usage using a small bottle I never noticed any engine difference at all unless over time you kept adding every time you filled up your tank and squeezed any anount along with it.
In other words you have to overdose your tank to feel any difference.

In my opinion I'd be better off adding every other month a bottle of Regain or Techron instead. That's my opinion.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back