Fuel additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 F150,4.2V6,79K miles
Since i've been unemployed i'm only putting 20-30 miles on my truck a week.Can someone suggest a good fuel additive to add to my tank to keep my gas ok.

Yeah, in FL with the humidity I would use a little Stabil or MMO in the tank. MMO might be more cost effective. you don't really need it if you just put half a tank of gas in instead of filling up each time you go to the gas station.

Try using gasoline with ethanol (E10) It will clean her right out...
lol.gif

I give a vote for Seafoam. It'll rejuvinate "old" gasoline, as well as "stabilize" new gasoline. Pour in the whole can, and then top off the tank..

If the tank is a recent fill of gasoline, then you could probably get away with Sta-bil.....I just heard Sta-bil isn't that good/effective at "rejuvinating" old/stale gasoline.....

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
I give a vote for Seafoam. It'll rejuvinate "old" gasoline, as well as "stabilize" new gasoline. Pour in the whole can, and then top off the tank..

If the tank is a recent fill of gasoline, then you could probably get away with Sta-bil.....I just heard Sta-bil isn't that good/effective at "rejuvinating" old/stale gasoline.....

I have never seen any product that would rejuvenate old sour gasoline. I wish there was such a product, but seafoam won't do it.

I votch for the new Sta-bil for keeping the fuel fresh.

Bought a big bottle from Wallymart and been using it between my wifey's camry (gets re-fueled every 5 days), and mine (every 2 weeks).

Seems to work really well.

No, I don't believe in the hub-bub RE: rejuvinates otherwise stale/rancid fuel. Once the aromatic "essence" from the fuel already evaporates, there's no chemistry that I'm aware of that will replenish that part to revive the fuel.

The only way to overcome that is to add fuel stabiliser into the fuel and keep the fuel container (fuel tank, etc.) as closely sealed as possible.

Q.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
I have never seen any product that would rejuvenate old sour gasoline. I wish there was such a product, but seafoam won't do it.
I think the terminology refers to the fact that the Seafoam itself raises the flashpoint of the gasoline, allowing it to be burned, and to help gradually burn off the "stale" gasoline.

But no, you can't just add a can of Seafoam to a 15 gallon tank that's been sitting 3 years and expect it to run
wink.gif
Gonna need at least a top off with fresh gasoline to help with the combustion.

Seafoam can be used for up to 2 years to stabilize fuel.

After doing a bit more research on this I decided to use Stabil.I bought an 8 oz. bottle (treats 20 gallons)from WM for $4.77 plus tax.All the auto parts stores want $8 or more for the same bottle.Thank goodness for good ole WM!
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
After doing a bit more research on this I decided to use Stabil.I bought an 8 oz. bottle (treats 20 gallons)from WM for $4.77 plus tax.All the auto parts stores want $8 or more for the same bottle.Thank goodness for good ole WM!
34.gif

Good choice, your fuel will remain stabil for up to 2 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back