2000 Daewoo Leganza, M1 10W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Bad news.

Approximate Milage on oil 3400 miles
Approximate Milage on vehicle 27,000 miles
Oil in Vehicle 5 months (+ or - 1 week)

First column is previous analysis (M-1), Second column is present analysis.

5000 miles.......3400 miles
Al......2...............3
Cu......7...............5
Fe......35...........51
shocked.gif

Cr......0 ..............0
Pb......14...........40
crushedcar.gif

Si......5 ..............7
Glycol..0...............0
Water .2%..............0
Sulfur..107 ............4
Ox......0...............17
Nitrat..23..............21
Fuel Dilution
Moly....79..............71
Mg......36..............32
Ph......844.............936
Zn......952.............914
Ca......2671............2594
Vis.....10.96 ..........9.4

Needless to say the lead is out of control. The vehicle was in a minor tangle with a rock that fell from a cliff in front of the car. Really don't know if it had anything to do with the problem. It required a new fuel pump and some other minor repairs. Who knows. The car sat about a month. Also the vehicle gets mega short trips. Car runs great. The vehicle probably will not need to go for 100K. It gets only about 10K per year.

Next analysis I will go with Blackstone and probably go the same distance. From a practical standpoint if the engine trashes itself..it will go to the junkyard.
smile.gif
I'm wondering if it has a coolant leak.
frown.gif

You got something going on. Mobil 1's 30 weights typically doesn't shear at all, and this sample showed quite a drop in viscosity for 3400 miles. Try a different lab.

Yea-its Schaeffer's . I'm going with Blackstone next time. I'll probably get the Dyson Analysis. I buy the Schaeffer analysis by the 6 pack. They are about 8 bucks each
smile.gif
I guess you get what you pay for.
frown.gif

Al, Daewoo has recently been renamed Chevrolet over here and they have discontinued the Leganza. Is it the same in the States? One of my friends who also drives a Leganza says he'll never buy a Daewoo again. His automatic transmission linkage broke only after a few months.

I am not really sure at this point. I believe the Laganza is out. I doubt that they will import any Daewoos into the U.S. under the "Daewoo" name. Believe it or not the Leganza is a very well made vehicle. Its built like a tank. The ride could use a little more refinement and it's a bit under powered.

I have had it up on ramps to change oil a few times and am pretty impressed with its build-its a very beefy car.
smile.gif
Please note though-I am not trying to tout the virtues of this car
smile.gif

Leganza= Suzuki Verona in U.S. (successor platform), although the Verona has a standard straight six engine. Always thought the Leganza had a very nice exterior, clunky interior and was under powered. Before GM pulled the plug on Daewoo, I thought their quality was supposed to be at the top end of the Koreans, a complete reversal from the eighties when Kia (Festiva) was an excellent little car and Daewoo's LeMans was total crapola.

The engine is from GM-Holden.

The new Daewoos are either Suzukis or Chevies(Aveo) in the US and all Chevys in Canada.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back