VOA with TBN and TAN for Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why read and post to BITOG?
grin.gif

33.gif
Isn't there somewhere else you can go to argue?

I sorta agree with that you said. Us testing these oils over and over again does seem kinda pointless.

I just put M1 AFE 0w-20 in my wifes new 11 forester. I hated draining the factory fill, it was "spectacular". In fact I coulnt even hold on to the drain plug wrench with my nitrile gloved hand whan it got some of the FF sump oil on it. I researched it was Idemitsu with extra moly and other goodies according to the Idemitsu rep I emailed. He also stated that the servicefill you get at the subaru dealer will not have the extra goodies in it - including big, big moly numbers. That's correct, Bunko, add Subaru to the list of Asian manufacturers going to "synthetic" 20 grades in their non-turbo engines.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I just put M1 AFE 0w-20 in my wifes new 11 forester. I hated draining the factory fill, it was "spectacular". In fact I coulnt even hold on to the drain plug wrench with my nitrile gloved hand whan it got some of the FF sump oil on it. I researched it was Idemitsu with extra moly and other goodies according to the Idemitsu rep I emailed. He also stated that the servicefill you get at the subaru dealer will not have the extra goodies in it - including big, big moly numbers. That's correct, Bunko, add Subaru to the list of Asian manufacturers going to "synthetic" 20 grades in their non-turbo engines.

So has the engine started making nasty noises yet?
grin.gif

Quote:
11 Prius III, 5k miles, Mobil 1 AFE 0w-20

Quote:
I just put M1 AFE 0w-20 in my wifes new 11 forester.

So 0w-20 oil is good for the warranty for these cars? I have a 2012 Elantra and would like to use it but it's not a choice set by Hyundai for this car.

Originally Posted By: schuylkill
Quote:

Quote:

So 0w-20 oil is good for the warranty for these cars? I have a 2012 Elantra and would like to use it but it's not a choice set by Hyundai for this car.

Both the Forester and my Prius require 0w-20 by their respective manufacturers. Usually 0w-20 is an acceptable replacement for 5w-20, but I'd hate to be in a situation where the engine explodes and you would have to explain that to an ignorant service writer.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Quote:

Quote:

Both the Forester and my Prius require 0w-20 by their respective manufacturers. Usually 0w-20 is an acceptable replacement for 5w-20, but I'd hate to be in a situation where the engine explodes and you would have to explain that to an ignorant service writer.

Today I sent M1 an e-mail asking if M1 0-20 satisfies the warranty for these engines, and other Asian engines. Will let you know if I hear from them.

The new subaru OM only requires an API SM/GF-4 or SN/GF-5 of the recommended viscosity. There is a note saying that conventional oil is allowed and will not harm the service life of the engine but the OM does not give a revised drain schedule. A lot of owners trumpet subaru's REQUIREMENT for synthetic oil, but in the OM the line reads ' ...required for optimum engine performance ...' Not REQUIRED required.

Buster, was the VOA eventually retested? This specific oil is in both my Grand Caravan and Lexus GS400 and I have been very happy with the results. I will probably use it again come April.

This stuff is working great so far in my Tribute...quieter engine, and quicker starts...very happy.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Quote:

Quote:

Today I sent M1 an e-mail asking if M1 0-20 satisfies the warranty for these engines, and other Asian engines. Will let you know if I hear from them.

Come on tig,you just called your supervisor didn't ya. Wink wink.
I acquired some of the AFE(free. I will not pay for mobil product)
Tig. Are you aware if it's ok in a hemi. Otherwise I will use it to thin all my thick oil I got before I became a bitoger.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
This stuff is working great so far in my Tribute...quieter engine, and quicker starts...very happy.

Seems to be the case with this oil in many engines....

Clevy,
I talked to one of my fellow employees at XM,oops, I mean I called Mobil tech and they said XM will not pay for the testing expense to get the Chrysler spec, but M1 0-20 is well suited for the Hemi V8.

Gerald

Originally Posted By: tig1
Clevy,
I talked to one of my fellow employees at XM,oops, I mean I called Mobil tech and they said XM will not pay for the testing expense to get the Chrysler spec, but M1 0-20 is well suited for the Hemi V8.

Gerald

Well at least you've got a sense of humour.
Thanks Tig. I think I'm going to try it next since the cold flow specs are tough to beat especially here in the prairies.

Originally Posted by PimTac
What's with the reincarnation of old threads lately?

Is it a bad thing?

Originally Posted by CT8

Is it a bad thing?

For one, it's likely the analysis does not apply to the current formulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back