Aussie V8 to run in US!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I tend to favor Ford, I really enjoy the racing. It's kind of hard since we don't have Falcons over here, and the Commodore was a Pontiac G8 which no longer exists and may return as a Chevy Caprice in a year or two.

GREAT NEWS!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

These things would be insane at Lime Rock, or Thunderbolt, and outright OUT OF CONTROL on a street circuit like Long Beach!
crazy2.gif

I say Long Beach. Champ Car ran support for Aussie V8 in Surfer's Paradise for years (crowds were bigger for Aussie V8 than CCWS. Aussie V8 can let IndyCar run support for them at Long Beach, plus its a couple hours away for me.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
GREAT NEWS!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

These things would be insane at Lime Rock, or Thunderbolt, and outright OUT OF CONTROL on a street circuit like Long Beach!
crazy2.gif

[censored] yeah!!!

I love watching the Australian V8 Supercars! Some of the best touring car racing action on the planet!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I say Long Beach. Champ Car ran support for Aussie V8 in Surfer's Paradise for years (crowds were bigger for Aussie V8 than CCWS. Aussie V8 can let IndyCar run support for them at Long Beach, plus its a couple hours away for me.

Makes logical sense, I hope this means more Aussie V8 Supercar racing in the USA!

Road Atlanta would be cool. The only issue is finding a circuit in the US that has the proper pit lane setup where the garages are on the pit lane directly.

Those would play well at Watkins Glen. They already see a lot of other touring-type cars. Sadly it's so far away from a metro area that attendance would likely be sparse. Although if NASCAR could do it...

Originally Posted By: Silk
This is how Kiwi Van Gisbergen celebrates a win.

That was cool!!
thumbsup2.gif

Those beasts are wicked, spools in the diffs and all!

They actually would be a GREAT support race for the Sprint cup race at the Glen (and be guaranteed a viewing crowd).
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Silk
This is how Kiwi Van Gisbergen celebrates a win.

We can't watch the clip over here. It's blocked by Big Pond.

I liked when he won in Hamilton, it was definitely quite a show. I was rather impressed with his performance in the ITM 400. Spectacular race, as usual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back