Moon cap/racing disc experiences/opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating about getting some moon caps/racing disc hubcaps for the Buick. The factory ones are long gone, the cheapy Wal-Mart ones look cheap, and I'd like a fairly inexpensive solution to dress the car up, other than scrounging yards for alloys.

Any experiences with this style of hubcap? I think it'd go well with the old-school Buick image. Opinions welcomed!

I was going to try them on my old Impala years ago. I think you have to drill into the rims to attach them. I would think they would keep the brakes a lot hotter as well.

people say they make the brakes hotter, but unless you're road racing I don't see where it would be an issue.
they also have 2 kinds, a snap in and a screw on. I believe either type requires a steel wheel.
I like them anyways. w/ a whitewall tire and lowered a bit, I think it's a cool look.

The Buick has steelies. Craigslist around me is horrible, there's nothing posted. It's far more grapevine than CL for selling stuff.

The OEM caps on the Buick were polished chrome, so it'll look about the same.

I'm not concerned about brake temperatures since I'm not a speed demon, and there's tons of airflow from the open back of the wheel.

EDIT: I'll give them a shot since they're cheap enough. If they work, great. If not, lesson learned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back