Valvoline Complete Fuel System Clean contains PEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
MSDS confirms 30-40% PEA content! Its on sale in Advance for $5.99.

Do you have link to MSDS? Thats a good bit of PEA!!

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
I hope this works.

MSDS

Thanks!

I would try it if I needed it. I may throw a bottle in mom's grand marquis

The MSDS Search finds "Valvoline Professional Series" Complete fuel system cleaner. It appears this may be something they do at a Valvoline Shop. I just don't know why I can't find any other fuel system products on the MSDS search and the bottle does not say "Professional Series".

I have doubt. But it is too late I already went AAP and got a couple bottles. Hope it does have PEA.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
The MSDS Search finds "Valvoline Professional Series" Complete fuel system cleaner. It appears this may be something they do at a Valvoline Shop. I just don't know why I can't find any other fuel system products on the MSDS search and the bottle does not say "Professional Series".

I have doubt. But it is too late I already went AAP and got a couple bottles. Hope it does have PEA.

That's the one.

To clear up confusion abour the "Valvoline Professional Series" I searched the part number 601456 and got the MSDS on Complete Fuel System Cleaner. It DOES have PEA. 20-30%.

^Yes, the Pro series has 30-40% concentration and the retail 601456(grey/silver bottle) Val. Complete Fuel System Cleaner has a 20-30% concentration of PEA.

I'm guessing the "Professional Series" is the "2 Step Fuel Injection Cleaning" they do at Walmart now.....my local WM previously performed a "GumOut 2 Step Fuel Injection Cleaning" but has now been replaced with the valvoline service....figured it was time anyways....even on the Gum Out website they don't display their "2 Step Fuel Injection Kit" anywhere....lol. Sure, it may be a "professional line" item, but still could display it on their online catalog....but eh....I've not yet had the Valvoline cleaning done.....I heard it works good though. Something that has me thinking though, they claim the Valvoline kit is "No Smoke"......whereas, the old Gum Out process produced hella smoke (similar to that of Seafoam/MMO/water down the intake....) so I'm kind of curious what they were able to change to not make it "smoke" out the tail pipe.....

Both products are applied in the same method, it's similar to that of an "IV drip" that you carefully set to dribble through one of the vacuum lines (typically the PCV valve or brake booster line...) without killing the engine, or flooding the engine....takes about 10 minutes for the intake process to run it's course, then the other bottle just goes into the tank to clean out the tank and fuel lines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back