best conventional or high mileage cleaning oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does PYB always get the nod for cleaning ability and it's probably no better then any other dino like vwb or castrol? It seems there is way too much love for pyb and i think it's for one reason only. Marketing. People always rip castrol for their marketing and seem to love pennzoil for it. People fall in love with or hate brands her for whatever reason. I've had my best performance per UOA's with syntec blend and durablend both in 5w20. Never hear about them. Motorcraft gets all the props for syn blends. They are all pretty equal if they meet or exceed the same spec. Hmmmmmm!

To answer the question i would say any high mileage should have better cleaning properties. I would recommend gtx HM because that's what i'm using.

Last edited:
Id would think just about any SN rated dino would work just fine. The all have the same additives anyway. The only additive that comes to mind thats different is boron. Typically Pennzoil is your only answer for a shot of boron. But you cant really go wrong here, Im sure even SuperTech dino is decent at cleaning.

8050010_qus_59672_pri_larg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back