ICE polish or wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE seems to come in both a polish and a wax. I am looking to do a decent job on my Jeep GC when I get it back (reman engine being installed). Which is easier for the total job (on and off)?

None of the ICE products will burnish your finish if you need that done to achieve a good shine. ICE is best used on an already good finish to provide wax protection and enhanced shine. Under those conditions it is not bad. If you already have a good finish, the clear polish (as they call it ) will perform just as good as the "wax". The clear polish is easy on-easy off in my experience.

Last edited:
I'll just add that I used the ICE wax and polish products once before and while they're easy on/easy off they do not last as long as something such as Meguiar's Gold.

It's basically a toss-up between ease of use and durability, as far as I've seen.

I've used all three.
1. ICE Synthetic Wax - applied with an applicator.
2. Ice Synthetic Spray Wax - sprayed directly on car.
3. Ice Detailer - sprayed directly on car.

"1" above works great - apply over whole car, then wipe off. takes all of 20 minutes to do the car.

"2" also works great. I spray on and wipe off a section at a time.

"3" works ok, but not as good as "2" above. I once tried to mix both "1" and "3" together, but they don't mix. They are like oil and water. I now very seldom use this anymore. Once in a while, I will use it on the windshield glass, as it does work there.

Last edited:
The ICE polish streaks on paint. I primarily used it on unpainted exterior plastic. It works great on that

The unpainted mirrors on the Chrysler still look new
thumbsup2.gif

My favorite new product is Eagle One Gel Wax, but I think it is also better on a finish already in good shape and it may not last very long. It sure does shine nicely though and is easy to apply.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
The ICE polish streaks on paint. I primarily used it on unpainted exterior plastic. It works great on that

The unpainted mirrors on the Chrysler still look new
thumbsup2.gif

I have a bottle for the same reason, works great on all black plastic trim
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back