Amsoil PI gas additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
It is an effective cleaner and (if your injectors/fuel system are dirty) they will contaminate the crankcase with deposits.

Isn't the SI-1 the same and they claim can be used continuously on smaller dosage ?

The SI-1 recommends an initial dose of a whole bottle followed by the maintenance dose. Both of these are great products, I use the SI-1 because I can get it more readily but I only use these at the end of my OCI. I do use MMO in the gas periodically throughout.

^I am basically falling into that same scenario as you chubbs. I haven't tried Pi, yet, but may not if the SI-1 does the job before my next oil change. This will be my first experience using either. I've used MMO every other tank recently, yet to use any additive since my oil change. I also have a few of the Shell V-Power bottles for future use after Red Line and need to use them on something. I figure if Red Line cleans it well enough, then Shell should be able to do the job before my oil changes.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
Just wondering why Amsoil is not recommending more than 2 application without oil change ?

As stated, Amsoil PI is for what I call strong dose cleaning and once all the stuff breaks free and PI and crud inevitably go past your rings, the oil should be changed.

As for you guys using SI-1 regularly, there should be no need for PI anyway. I PI my cars once a year with two bottles and change the oil. They always run better after the treatment. I just use the supermarket gas from Safeway down the hill so, I imagine it has "light" cleansers.....

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Just wondering why Amsoil is not recommending more than 2 application without oil change ?

As stated, Amsoil PI is for what I call strong dose cleaning and once all the stuff breaks free and PI and crud inevitably go past your rings, the oil should be changed.

As for you guys using SI-1 regularly, there should be no need for PI anyway. I PI my cars once a year with two bottles and change the oil. They always run better after the treatment. I just use the supermarket gas from Safeway down the hill so, I imagine it has "light" cleansers.....

Thank's Pablo, in my thinking most of the crud will be blown to the exhaust rather goes pass the ring, so I have difficulties to understand how much that little amount impacts on oil, except if the PI never burns clean and stick to the cylinder wall.

The issue I have is even I go change my fuel filter regularly, I still find the injector fouls up quite quickly that will be solved quickly with one dose of injector cleaner/SI-1. Maybe the injector is near end of their life, but just hope can hang there for a while.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

thanks for the protip ^^

was looking to buy some but oh well, maybe when an offer pops up ... XD

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Why doesn't the Amsoil PI MSDS show PEA as one of the ingredients?

I think because it's not technically hazardous, it's not required to be listed.

PI & Redline are about the same per what I read several months ago. I believe their % ranges overlap.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
PI & Redline are about the same per what I read several months ago. I believe their % ranges overlap.

^Yes, a car should feel blessed to have either run through it during it's lifetime.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back