Senate votes to end ethanol subsidies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God, [censored], and [censored]!

Edit: God isn't censored but the God that starts with an A and the fat Asian sitting down are??? You've got to be kidding me...
33.gif

Last edited:
This never made much sense in the first place. A farm subsidy by another name. Meanwhile, it forced food prices to rise worldwide, or so they say.

Last edited:
next we phase out the mandates over time and get this failed social experiment behind us.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Yeah, yippeee. They must be hatching a better scam. Either that, or maybe they have become aware of the impeding global food price explosion if not food shortages. I hope you like corn.

There must be some prized off corn farmers!! The sooner we can end market manipulation the better. Yeah I can go back to corn tortillas!

Reminds me of the dead lawyers at the bottom of the sea joke. It's a start.

Now if the market could work as intended, and ethanol was not required by law, it would be cast into h e l l along with the green scum it leaves in my carburetors.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
I hope were not celebrating to early.
eek.gif

Yep. Knowing the Capitol Hill sausage making process, by the time this bill makes it out of the House, the subsidies will not only still be in place, they'll be doubled.

This may the beginning of the end for Ethanol and we may get pure gas.......wishful thinking.

But hey, you never know.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
yessssssss!!!!but obama will veto it hs is a big greenie

No he will veto as he is from a big corn state (Ill).

If it does pass (not likely as its tied to a weak bill), it may not necessarily lead to higher prices since this also eliminates the import tariffs on ethanol. As another poster said, this will not impact the Renewable Fuels Standard which mandates biodiesel or ethanol quotas.

Elimination of the import tariff is important. Brazil wants to sell us ethanol made from sugar cane.
That cold prompt an American producer to produce ethanol much cheaper than from corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back