Shell V-Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to find any user results/comments on this thing. Got it for $2/bottle at BigLots. I don't think this contains PEA...but how is this fuel system cleaner?

Keeping to the topic of this fuel system cleaner and not wanting to create another topic...

Does anyone think it would be "better" if I used a fuel system cleaner and paired it with the same brand of gas?

Shell V-Power w/ Shell gas
Techron w/ Chevron gas

I know mixing certainly won't be an issue, but since the general consensus about using oil (even though you can mix and match all you want) is to use all quarts of the same brand and weight for the sump, I figured that it should somehow apply to fuel as well. Comments?

Originally Posted By: poiuy223
Can't seem to find any user results/comments on this thing. Got it for $2/bottle at BigLots. I don't think this contains PEA...but how is this fuel system cleaner?

Personally....I don't think you need a FSC....in your 2011 Sonata at this time.

Maybe after 30,000+ miles, I would consider a FSC.....but why not use the best (i.e. Techron, Regane or Redline Sl-1).... all which have proven fuel system cleaning ability & PEA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

Maybe after 30,000+ miles, I would consider a FSC.....but why not use the best (i.e. Techron, Regane or Redline Sl-1).... all which have proven fuel system cleaning ability & PEA.

-because this one is $2 at Big Lots

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

-because this one is $2 at Big Lots

"because this one is $2 at Big Lots"

Right on......even if my vehicle does not need it. Keeps the economy going I guess.

Oh I drive a lot. 6mo into buying the car and I'm sitting at 13k mi. I plan to use a bottle every 5k anyway. It's $2. I'll run it once an OCI just for maintenance purposes.

Keeping to the topic of this fuel system cleaner and not wanting to create another topic...

Does anyone think it would be "better" if I used a fuel system cleaner and paired it with the same brand of gas?

Shell V-Power w/ Shell gas
Techron w/ Chevron gas

I know mixing certainly won't be an issue, but since the general consensus about using oil (even though you can mix and match all you want) is to use all quarts of the same brand and weight for the sump, I figured that it should somehow apply to fuel as well. Comments?

If you're being severely OCD why not? Just be sure to only do the minimal dosage. Especially with a newer vehicle. If it treats 'up to 20 or 25' gallons, figure out how many gallons/ounce of the product it claims will do this and use the exact amount for an entire fill-up with Shell V-Power 93 octane; if you go that route.

For example, 15 ounce bottle that treats up to 25 gallons(random): 6 ounces/10 gallons of gasoline.

Should be all your new vehicle needs with the amount of driving you do, anyway. If it's mostly highway, gasoline should be able to keep it relatively clean, JMO.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Shell V-power fuel injector cleaner does contain PEA (nitrogen enriched)

Q.

Q can you elaborate on the nitrogen enriched part of your post? I've never heard of the Shell V-power fuel injector cleaner containing nitrogen (which I believe is simply an oxygenate shell uses in their gasolines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back