STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner PEA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I cant tell by the MSDS on this thing if it has any PEA or not.. but i was very surprised when i saw the first ingredient is Kerosene 60-80% ... kerosene!?

MSDS

Its sold at Canadian Tire for a whopping $12.99

my problem is that Canadian Tire and everywhere else i can think of has discontinued carrying Redline SL-1 and thats the stuff i always used so now im stuck with nothing unless i order it over the internet
frown.gif
.. im about to take a road trip to Florida so once im down there im going to stock up on some bottles of redline SL1 or Chevron techron as it seems the auto stores in south florida hardly even carry redline SL1 as well. Can anyone tell me about this STP complete fuel system cleaner? thanks!

You could get a Gallon of TC-W3 for that price. All you need to do is add 1 ounce per 5 Gallons of Gasoline at fill-up time and you would be set. Do a search on the Fuel and Fuel Additives section for more information. It's a great upper cylinder lube and fuel system cleaner. I add 3 ounces of TC-W3 and 3 ounces of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner from a premixed bottle at every fill up of 12 - 14 Gallons of Gasoline. I get the lube action and fuel system cleaning action going on all the time....the best of both worlds.

STP is 60% to 80% Kerosene and other solvents. I would not be putting that in my gas tank. It does not appear to have any PEA in it's contents. I'm sure if it did they would boldly display that on the front of the container.

no PEA in there. the trimethylbenzene is their cleaning agent. which, in my experience, works. and there's a HUGE profit for everyone involved except the customer. Look For Chevron Techron, Amsoil has a fuel cleaner with PEA.

yes im aware of the amsoil fuel cleaner, but again im in Canada and no one around my area sells it. I dont like the idea that this STP stuff has 60-80% kerosene myself so i will pass, just going to have to wait until i go on the road trip and pick up some redline or chevron techron.. can i find that chevron techron stuff at the chevron service stations?

Originally Posted By: eddiedz
yes im aware of the amsoil fuel cleaner, but again im in Canada and no one around my area sells it. I dont like the idea that this STP stuff has 60-80% kerosene myself so i will pass, just going to have to wait until i go on the road trip and pick up some redline or chevron techron.. can i find that chevron techron stuff at the chevron service stations?
All it taked is a phonecall to get Amsoil products delivered to your front door. Call a site sponser.

I believe O'Reilly's has a two for one sale on Techron.

$7.99 for two. Thats a good buy.

And.....Regane sells for under $7 at WalMart.

Last edited:
thanks chubbs, i see advance auto parts carry's techron concentrated. So is chevron techron, regane and O'Reilly's all the exact same just different name brands on them or is there something uniquely different about the 3.

Originally Posted By: eddiedz

my problem is that Canadian Tire and everywhere else i can think of has discontinued carrying Redline SL-1 and thats the stuff i always used so now im stuck with nothing unless i order it over the internet

A few months back Canadian Tire started carrying the Regane products (not just the pennzoil things). In fact Gumout Regane 2x was on sale last week.

So was the Motomaster Ultra Fuel System Treatment which i confirmed is a PEA based product. It was what they introduced when they stopped carrying Redline SI.

You can get these two PEA based cleaners at [censored] tire now

Gumout REGANE Complete Fuel Injector Cleaner
CDN Tire Product #38-0162-6

Motomaster Ultra Fuel System Treatment
CDN Tire Product #38-0752-2

thanks peterr but gumout is mostly kerosene, about 70% just like the STP complete fuel system cleaner. theres no confirmation that gumout regane has PEA in it, theres some dispute that the formula has not changed and that only the MSDS changed, however again theres no confirmation that it has PEA or not.

gumout regane msds

Last edited:
Check your local WM for Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. It's got a whole load of stuff in it, Xylene, Acetone, IPA, and yea, sadly; slight Ethanol in the mix....but I've not had any bad experience with it.

Biggest concern is making sure it makes it into the tank
smile.gif
The new "bubble" bottle is awkwardly shaped metal can and some cars, it can be a trick to get the can angled just right, without spilling down the side of the car; according to 2 people I know.....but no, they figured it out too, and no they don't have the notorious "additive stain" down their fuel access door/area
wink.gif
lol...

Can states to use 1 oz per gallon of fuel, depending on your car, you can probably add the full can. I usually add it once I'm at, or close to "E", add it before filling up so it gets a good mixing as the gas flows into the tank. And can states to use every 3rd fill, it's very stout stuff
smile.gif

But yea, seems STP has gone the way of Kerosene...still marketing off their "MADE WITH JET FUEL" claims I guess :p Likely to become the same as their Motor Oils, only available at Dollar General Stores
wink.gif
heh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back