Question about Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, been lurking around for awhile now, and really enjoy this site, as it is one of the most informative sites on the net.(IMHO)
With that being said, I have a question about Gumout Regane. While at my local Big Lots I found this great stuff on the shelf. I have been an avid Gumout user for some time now, but I never paid attention to what product I used. I usually used the fuel injector cleaner for it is the cheapest. But since I have been on here, I have heard nothing but good things about Regane. The bottles at Big Lots say it was distributed in 2007, other than the newer bottles being 2X concentrated and smaller, has the formula changed since then? Is the Regane distributed in 2007 the same formula that is distributed today, minus the smaller bottle?
Thanks, and hope to talk to some of you in the future.

Use it with no problems. Big Lots is a discount retailer. When companies upgrade their product lines/pkgs/bottles, they can't sell the "new" and the "old" bottles side by side lol.....obviously, cause people will grab up the "newer" inventory, so they sell it off to Big Lots and other discount merchants, etc. for next to nothing so they can attempt to make a profit of some sort on it.

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Use it with no problems. Big Lots is a discount retailer. When companies upgrade their product lines/pkgs/bottles, they can't sell the "new" and the "old" bottles side by side lol.....obviously, cause people will grab up the "newer" inventory, so they sell it off to Big Lots and other discount merchants, etc. for next to nothing so they can attempt to make a profit of some sort on it.

Thanks guys for the replies.
Yeah years ago, while in High School I worked at Big Lots. It wasnt until then that I realized you can find some great deals there. Just curious if Gumout changed the formula since then. They're only $3.00 a bottle, so if its the same stuff I may go back and pick up all I can!

The question I would ask is how much PEA chemical is in Regane and how much is in Techron. Just because (example only) a container of Techron says it can do 20 gallons for $5.00 and a container of Regaine says it can do 20 gallons for $4.00 (or $2.00 at Big Lots) does not mean Regaine is a bargain if it has a a lot less PEA chemical in it.

Johnny said that the 2x concentrate version of Regane contains the same amount of PEA just like the regular ones (sold in the past).

Search BITOG for Johnny's reply (was posted approx. 2wks or less)

Q.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The question I would ask is how much PEA chemical is in Regane and how much is in Techron. Just because (example only) a container of Techron says it can do 20 gallons for $5.00 and a container of Regaine says it can do 20 gallons for $4.00 (or $2.00 at Big Lots) does not mean Regaine is a bargain if it has a a lot less PEA chemical in it.

I would tend to agree, but if I can get 2 bottles of Regane for $6, then Im still coming out cheaper than buying 1 bottle of Techron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back