Tire recommendation for 2009 Ford Flex SEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mva

My brother is shopping for new tires for his 2009 front wheel drive Ford Flex SEL. The OEM Goodyears are worn out and one has a sidewall crack after 75,000 km. He loves the way the vehicle handles with the OEM tires.

Tire size P235/60R18

He is considering getting Goodyears from the Ford dealer (not sure which model) or Nokian eNTYRE from Kaltire:

http://www.kaltire.com/index.php?page=tires&tire=73

I also recommended that he have a look at Michelin Primacy MXV4.

He is looking for good handling, good wet traction, durability and ok snow traction. Good fuel efficiency would be a nice bonus.

Opinions? Suggestions?

I will try to track down which Goodyear tire model he is looking at.

if he wants a nice ride
Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring

are one of the highest rated tires.
there are 80rebates on them here.. not sure about canada

they also are good in the snow.

I have almost that size on my Freestyle, 225/60 18's. I've had the Primacy MXV-4's on for about 60K and I love them. I'll probably get 100K out of them on an AWD vehicle, which is impressive. I still have 5-6mm of tread left.

They're quiet, great in the rain, decent in the snow and pretty neutral handling. The rolling resistance has tested pretty low as well, so they should help fuel economy a little. They do run towards the softer side, though slightly higher tire pressure helps avoid the overly-squishy feeling. I'll definitely get them again.

Thanks for the replies.

He went for Nokian WR's

I will update how they are working out in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back