Grease Gun tech support... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a few issues with my grease guns.. and they do annoy me a bit... nothing death defying but bothersome.

Both the mini-trigger and the full size lever unit do it...

I'll have a cart loaded, and the air is bled out so I thought.. I'll get to pumping.. say 3 cars one after another.. at some point, it stops feeding.. I pop it open... looks OK.. put it back together and it works ok again.

Is there some trick to getting through a whole grease cartridge without having to make adjustments?

I have also had it happen to me. I think there is air in the tube when they fill it up. Either that or the spring plunger is hanging up and not pushing the grease forward. Try pulling the lever back a few times. It might also be beneficial to store the grease gun with the nozzle/pump end down so gravity keeps the grease near the pump. I only use my g-gun about once a year, so I can't test my own theory.

I am not sure how to describe this but I will give it a try.

Some,maybe all guns have a check valve on top of the case where the grease comes out.It is kind of a nub shape and has a small ball in it.This is a valve.

If you put the gun back together after putting in new grease and the gun doesnt work right,you can purge the air that is trapped by pushing the ball in the valve back while pumping the guns handle.Some grease may come out of the valve but it doesnt hurt anything.When grease does come out,the gun should work right.

Originally Posted By: WMSmotorhead
..... I'll get to pumping.. say 3 cars one after another.. at some point, it stops feeding......

I've never had the problem that I can recall but, I've never pumped so much grease that fast with mine. I'd say it's assiciated with flow rate....you need an industrial strength grease gun.

I think I had gotten extra zealous with the mini gun... it had a 3 oz cartridge, and I've got it 2/3rds empty in a day... now that everything is up to speed, it won't get used as "hardcore".. I'm thinking that the Spring didn't have enough time to move the column of grease up the tube... but you'd think that pumping the grease out would vacuum the column up...

hmmph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back