Supertech universal antifreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supertech is Peak or Prestone's dexclone depending on whether pre-mix or concentrate. Can't remember which brand is which, but no silicates.

When I looked at the back of the Supertech bottles I could tell one was the same ingredient list as listed on Peak's dexcool and the other was the same as Prestone's. Prestone's dexclone ingredients are listed while Peak's is proprietary but they would both be fairly similar and contain 2-EHA and no phosphates, silicates, borates etc just like any other dexclone.

OP - exactly my question. I bought ST Ext. Life Anti-freeze. It's green (historically an indicator of silicate based - but apparently no more).

The ingred. on the ST are - Ethylene Glycol, di-Ethylene Glycol and NJTSRN QT(1).

No contact #s. No ST web site that I can find.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Supertech is Peak or Prestone's dexclone depending on whether pre-mix or concentrate. Can't remember which brand is which, but no silicates.

This is what I have read also.
I would be more interested in who has used this coolant, in what vehicle, for what duration, and if they had any problems? The same with Prestone AMAM.

I have tryed every kind of "all makes all models" antifreeze in my 97 cherokee 4.0 it turnes the fluid brown with in two weeks. I changed my water pump a few days ago and I had to put super tech (white jug) in it because that is the only thing I could get and after I read the label with a magnifing glass it's dex- cool. Most of the label is in spanish the english part is in very small print. I am going to drive ro San Antonio with my magnifing glass and try to find some G-05 or old school green antifreeze when I get some time off. I have had this jeep since it was new and and I keep it in perfect shape. It has 176.900 miles on it.

FYI dex-cool in spanish is spelled 2-etihexanado de sotio

NJTSRN QT(1) this stuff is also dex-cool.

Last edited:
IMO....Peak Long Life and SuperTech Extended Life are both the same and bottled by Old World Industries/Warren Performance Parts. Ethylene Glycol and no silicates/low silicates is what I run in my Toyota. Phosphates are fine for the Toyota cooling systems.

I've been using the SuperTech Green Extended Life for quite some time without any problems. It's just getting hard to find since every time I visit WM they are sold out of the SuperTech.

I just got my timing belt changed on my Lexus GS400 and the mechanic told me that he would have to refill the radiator with coolant. This is after the Lexus had flushed my system about 6 months ago and so I felt bad about wasting good coolant. The mechanic told me afterwards that he had used an universal coolant (I'm not sure what Lexus had used). When I got back home I noticed the coolant level was somewhat low and so I went to Wally World and bought some universal Supertech coolant. I am assuming that it is ok to mix universal coolants, right? Also I noticed test my 2006 Grand Caravan was low and so I added some coolant as well not knowing what was there previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back