Paper cone filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone make a paper type cone airfilter to replace my oiled filter on my cold air intake? My intake tube diameter is 4" and the filter is 9" long, the filter it's self is about 5" in diameter. I am going to get a AEM dryflow soon however I just had to replace my MAF sensor and just want a cheap paper filter to get by for now.

The Dryflow is going to be your best bet. I don't know of a universal paper replacement. When I was looking for a cone set up for my Dakota when I had it, I looked at retrofitting some of Ford's cone-style filters as used in the Ranger and others. If you look at the big "cube" Fram filter boxes, those are pretty much all Ford filter applications. Retrofitting it (and getting it to seal right) was going to be troublesome, though, so I just did the AEM thing.

Thanks...thats kinda what I figured. I will just get a AEM next week.

PS: For all of those people who think a oiled filter will not hurt your MAF sensor guess again...lol! I never cleaned and oiled the filter it was taken from the box and installed on my truck and ran for about 10k miles, I cleaned the MAF sensor at the same time as CAI install and the wires was shinny silver, after 10k the wires was a burnt brownish color and there was no cleaning them!

Not sure about the exact diameter, Acura Integra (from 94-01) uses a cone/column type filter that seems to be about the same inlet diameter. You might want to take a look at time in the auto parts store.

Many Ford engines have a conical air filter from the factory. Go to a part store with a measurement of the tube, and hold it up against some Ford replacement filters.

Originally Posted By: wsar10
AMSOIL makes a paper come filter

Where?! They changed the nanofiber about 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back