amsoil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, Amsoil is increasing prices again on July 1..Did they NOT just have one in May 1 from 3 to 5%?

Originally Posted By: snowmaker
Just FYI, Amsoil is increasing prices again on July 1..Did they NOT just have one in May 1 from 3 to 5%?

They increased it 7% less than Valvoline. Your point?

Originally Posted By: pcfxer
Your point?

I think his point was that there was a price increase after another price increase. Valvoline's prices are completely unrelated. So perhaps the better question is what's YOUR point.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
I think this is Amsoil's fourth price increase this year.

And your point??
lol.gif

Well You could look at it 2 ways. Amsoil sell their products for the lowest price they can while still turning a profit, which would require frequent increases when the cost of components goes up. OR, they're darned greedy.

You pick

Yeah, I got the email. Just ordered some AZO, XL, a filter and some fuel additives to pad the stash before the price increase. Got 3 of 4 vehicles due for oil changes over the next month or so.

If you bothered to look, most of the other oil companies have raised prices at least 3 times already this year, usually something like 7-9% each time.

I don't like to see it either, but the company has to cover its costs or go out of business. Since they are (again) in process of expanding the facilities and product line, I guess they aren't planning to go out of business.

Originally Posted By: **** in Falls Church
If you bothered to look, most of the other oil companies have raised prices at least 3 times already this year, usually something like 7-9% each time.

I don't like to see it either, but the company has to cover its costs or go out of business. Since they are (again) in process of expanding the facilities and product line, I guess they aren't planning to go out of business.
Picking upon Amsoil and its fans is the most fun you can have "legally".

True, some others have raised prices. Now the 3 time deal from what I can see at chinamart, no. But I look at this like years ago (5 to 7) UPS started, along with others started to add "fees" to there services. But, when the price of fuel went down, they all did not lower them or remove fees. Amsoil did the same deal if I am not mistaken. I think they have a great product but some users will start wonder...

Think you may be mistaken. When we went throught this kind of thing some years back, AMSOIL did reduce prices after things settled down. Of course, over the past few years they had to raise them back.

Yep,prices will go up on July 1 between 3-8%.For the average oil change the diff would be approx $3-$4.Not an issue to most folks.

\rv85

The way Amsoil is marketed they make a bigger deal being upfront about the price increase. Other marketed oils you normally just see higher prices. How many products in the store do you know of that give you a heads up on price increases? Not many......

So I guess it is a two edged sword. I would almost rather Amsoil didn't tell me..........But I like to know anyway......
confused2.gif

My mobil 1 has yet to jump a penny this year. (@ Walmart)

Originally Posted By: kemo

My mobil 1 has yet to jump a penny this year. (@ Walmart)

It will, you are still buying older stock if the price is the same. Exxon-Mobil has raised costs to jobbers 19%-23% so far this year according to Petroleum Trends International, Inc..

http://www.jobbersworld.com/2011 Price Increase Summary as of June.pdf

what does "old stock" have to do with pricing? They can up the price as they please... shoot, all the parts stores do it monthly.

So, you are basically saying that they know which bottle is old and what is new? Which one will ring up higher/lower than the other at the register, even though the UPC stays the same???

Myth Busted.

Quote:
So, you are basically saying that they know which bottle is old and what is new? Which one will ring up higher/lower than the other at the register, even though the UPC stays the same???

By old stock I mean oil bought at the old prices and that could have been back in Jan 2011, before the prices shot up.

Sure they do, they just have not gotten more oil in at the new price or if the have its not put out yet so the older stuff moves, put it on sale etc. Whats so hard to believe about that. The chain stores buy in huge volumes so its not uncommon for them to have a 6-month supply on hand. The oil you are buying today could have been purchased by them a long time ago, before any of the current price increases.

Or I supposed they could be selling it at loss to be nice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back