Most durable (longest lasting) wax/sealant/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what everyones opinions are on the longest lasting product? I'm mostly interested in longevity, not so much on shine/gloss/etc. So what are your experiences?

I've had pretty good luck with Klasse AIO and a coat of sealant glaze. I seem to get a good 4 months or so out of this combo before the roof stops beading.

I've used this stuff many times - in normal environments it will last a year. I used it on my cars while in Germany back in the early 90's and it would last about 4 months in the EXTREMELY acidic, poluted environment.

nu shine

Been using Nu-Finish on my wifey's 04 camry (cannot devote much time cleaning/waxing cars due to family obligations)...and it's been satisfactory: lasts approx. 1 yr between wax jobs.

It's kinda chemical sealant (non-wax for sure) and not all that high gloss when compared to Carnauba wax (I used to use Maguiars and Mothers) but no pain in this case.

Q.

Longest lasting is relative, particularly how much sun and acid rain you see. I have some cars that look great and bead like crazy on a two-year old pure caranuba wax job, and others that loose beading after a month or two with high end and supposedly long lasting stuff like collinite and zaino.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Longest lasting is relative, particularly how much sun and acid rain you see. I have some cars that look great and bead like crazy on a two-year old pure caranuba wax job, and others that loose beading after a month or two with high end and supposedly long lasting stuff like collinite and zaino.

That is true. Also a major part of the equation is if the car is hand washed or ran thru a car wash where the harsh cleaners can quickly erode the wax/sealant.

I'm not looking to compare my vehicle to anyone elses. I'm assuming a few of you have tried a few different products. I'm just curious how they stood up for you.

Originally Posted By: D189379
I'm not looking to compare my vehicle to anyone elses. I'm assuming a few of you have tried a few different products. I'm just curious how they stood up for you.

Well, I can tell you that of all the products I've used, I was most dissapointed in Meguire's NXT tech wax. Sure, it went on great and was easy to remove, however it was lucky to give a month's worth of protection. On the other hand, I am currently testing out Meguire's newest wax - Ultimate and it seems to be doing pretty well so far.

My main wax is Groit's garage best of show and the Carnuaba stick. These give a nice deep shine and will last 3-4 months which is about the most one could hope for when you drive your car daily and it sees sun, rain, pollution, etc.

Some people like NuFinish, I am not one of those people, but I won't knock them.

Collinite IW 845, Duragloss 101/105.

I'm also not a fan of NXT 2.0. Since there are so many excellent products that do not stain trim, I will not use one that does. I now use NXT for the mower, storm doors, or try selling at garage sale.

If you search detailing forums you will note that for waxes Collinite is named the most and for sealants it is Duragloss. Both of these are well known for their longevity and give off a nice shine.

Originally Posted By: Capa
If you search detailing forums you will note that for waxes Collinite is named the most and for sealants it is Duragloss. Both of these are well known for their longevity and give off a nice shine.

You are so right!

By the way, GMboy, I have Griot's best of show wax and really like the shine. I just got it and so haven't been able to test it's longevity

Originally Posted By: Capa
By the way, GMboy, I have Griot's best of show wax and really like the shine. I just got it and so haven't been able to test it's longevity

You will be surprised by how long it actually lasts. The only negative with it is that you MUST not put it on thick or its hard to remove. But, it shines so deep and wet. I also use Griots carnuba wax on a stick - goes on and off like butter and is the perfect top coat over Best of Show wax.

I really like Duragloss #101. It's a sealant and a true polish. It does a nice job of removing spider webbing/microscratches with little effort.

I sent a bottle of #105 to my brother for a birthday gift. He used to use Eagle 1 wax and Meguiars so he was very impressed with the difference.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Collinite IW 845, Duragloss 101/105.

I'm also not a fan of NXT 2.0. Since there are so many excellent products that do not stain trim, I will not use one that does. I now use NXT for the mower, storm doors, or try selling at garage sale.

Collinite 845 is by far the best longest lasting wax I have ever used!

You need very little of it, it goes on easy, comes off easy and lasts about 6 months.

When and if you get some, shake the s**t out of it until it is like milk before you apply it then only use a little bit on the correct applicator.

Personally, for my every day vehicles, it is highly unlikely I will ever use anything else.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I really like Duragloss #101. It's a sealant and a true polish. It does a nice job of removing spider webbing/microscratches with little effort...

Although is says "polish" on the bottle, it's not a "true polish". There are no micro-abrasives in DG 101. DG 101 contains chemical cleaners.

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
collinite 476s. apply thin. 2 coats.

THIS^^^^ after a good post-winter multi-step detail, and then their 845 IW as maintenance after that every 3 weeks to a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back