Carpenter ant bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dan55
AMDRO ant block granules 24oz cont they sell it at Walmart around 12 bucks. I used it a couple of weeks ago and ants(carpenter) have disapeared ?

i had a bunch of carpenter ants outside and after a generous dose of the ambro ant block, they were gone....if it rains it seems like you have to reapply.(when battling fire ants)..... another option---but expensive would be termidor which i think is fipronol (sp) the 'doyourownpestcontrol has it. i think it was 60 bucks for a quart but it is good since it spreads to other bugs by contact and ingestion....termidor active ingredients are used not only for termites but ants

Well, it's been over a month now and this Amdro stuff isn't working either. They are just not taking it.

I guess I will have to spring for the more expensive Advance Granular Carpenter Ant Bait.

all you need is Termidor. It will wipe them out!

For all other ants just add boric acid to honey or pancake syrup.

Extremely effective and relatively less toxic.

I agree with the Termidor, we had an exterminator come out and this is what he used. You can order it online, just Google it. Unlike pesticides you buy at the Depot or other places, there is no barrier in this stuff, the ants walk through it can could care less. They spread it through the whole colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back