Fuel millage loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guy`s here in the North East noticed any fuel millage loss lately? I can barely get 18mpg. Last year at this time I was in the mid 19`s and I have spoken to others near me,and they are noticing the same thing! What the [censored] are they doing to our gasoline now!? Today`s vehicles are already burning as clean as they can, they dont need any help.

Disgusted here in PA!

More ethanol in the mix?

The UP to x% is higher?

I know if I use "top tier"
crackmeup2.gif
fuels my MPG drops easy 2-3 MPG over "normal" fuels in the Corolla. If I go to California and have to buy their "clean" gas I'm going to see at least 4-5 MPG hit.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Brenden
Some company's still sell winter gas till mid June because its cheaper to buy..

I hope thats all it is. I`m waiting for these companies to run this [censored] year round. That will be next I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
More ethanol in the mix?

The UP to x% is higher?

crackmeup2.gif
fuels my MPG drops easy 2-3 MPG over "normal" fuels in the Corolla. If I go to California and have to buy their "clean" gas I'm going to see at least 4-5 MPG hit.

Bill

I have noticed the same thing using "top tier" fuel at least the ones I have tried in the past.

More ethanol in the mix?

The UP to x% is higher?

crackmeup2.gif

Bill

OP talks about Northeast gas, not the "clean" California gas. But you hit the nail right on the head.
mad.gif

We got hit in multiple angles in gasoline: higher tax + higher refining cost + lower octane (for premium, we only have 91) + lower energy contain of all grades.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
More ethanol in the mix?

The UP to x% is higher?

crackmeup2.gif

Bill

OP talks about Northeast gas, not the "clean" California gas. But you hit the nail right on the head.
mad.gif

We got hit in multiple angles in gasoline: higher tax + higher refining cost + lower octane (for premium, we only have 91) + lower energy contain of all grades.

I was using the CA gas as an EXAMPLE of how different blends affect the mileage. Never had the Corolla in the Northeast so it would be hard for me to use it as an example.

The Subaru did fine on the fuel across the US when we went coast to coast last year. So I could not use it as an example.

Bill

Living in the NE, top tier means paying more for the same gas. I got flamed a few times here but seeing how an oil tanker with no brand name on the side can drop gas at Shell [typically 10-15 cents more a gallon than the no name stations] then drive a few short miles and drop gas to a no name station has me buying the cheapest gas I can find. I tweak it with MMO and use FI cleaner, it is pointless for me to pay for top tier gas. As far as the OP's question no difference in mpg for me since this time last year.

Ironically I got the worst mpg on my trip from NJ to Key West last year using Shell regular. Exxon, Texaco, Mobil & Chevron gave me better mpg. I checked each tank for the mpg. I did it manualy checking the gallons to fill versus the miles driven till the fill up. Shell was the worst sad to say. I've noticed this in local driving also. Shell costs $3.89 for 87 octane and the new high volume Quick Check station charges $3.83, & I get better mpg.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back