Kendall w/ Liquid Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on Kendall oil? How does it compare to other oils? Also how to you think their synthetic is?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
It is very hard to compare, it depends on what you are running it in and for how long. A little more info would be good.

It is a decent oil.

just too friggin hard to find. My Wal-Mart doesnt even stock the Motorcraft rite now.

For example, I curious as to how it compares to say M1 or Synpower in say a Ford Mustang on 6k OCIs that are 50/50 city/highway. I'm also curious about the while Liquid Titanium, are there any advantages to having that in the oil? Does anyone know what base stocks Conoco/Phillips uses?

Pep Boys around here just stopped selling Kendall HM and Synthetic and has it on Clearance. Other than that I haven't seen it anywhere else. Havoline is also getting hard to find these days since Walmart stopped carrying it.

I have read up on the Titanium compounds in oil and they seem to be effective in both AW and EP. I would use the "syn" version in your scenario. The base stock is purportedly Grp. II/II+.

I would use M1 or Synpower over Kendall all prices the same. That is JMO.

On Clearance!!! Buy the Synthetic up if it is a good deal!!

Last edited:
I'm sure its been mentioned before, but why is "moly" being replaced with other additives? Also, is that something thats being changed in SN vs. SM? What oil out there still have a good bit of Moly in them?

The high Moly oils OTTOMH are RL, Motul 300V and the Japanese 0W-20 OEMs from Toyota, Subaru and Cdn Honda.
These oils have moly levels in the 600 to 1,000 ppm level.

Conoco Phillips notwithstanding, Moly is not being replaced, COP just found a cheaper substitute.

I went to my local pepboys this morning and saw that they no longer carry Kendall. Anybody know where else Kendall can be bought? I don't want to have to go to Firestone to get my oil changes.

Originally Posted By: Mazda3LA
I went to my local pepboys this morning and saw that they no longer carry Kendall. Anybody know where else Kendall can be bought? I don't want to have to go to Firestone to get my oil changes.

When I just stopped by Autozone they had Kendall.

John

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
What are your thoughts on Kendall oil? How does it compare to other oils? Also how to you think their synthetic is?
\\

chevyman4life,

This synthetic is very popular in my area Los Angeles and it's priced right at %4/99/quart the last time I finally was able to buy 6 quarts for my 01' Dodge Durango V-8. Since installed it appears to be a well mande synthetic and am very happy with it so far.

How does it compare to the others???? I couldn't tell you as most of the time I just use Mobil 1 synthetic and it has served me well BUT it's an easy three bucks more over here in the L.A. area. In my opinion the only difference is brand and the price alone.

If you see Kendall sythetic and it's priced within your pocket book I suggest you pick some up as I did. It only took 3 years for me to get enough to try. Like I said it's a very popular.

Durango

Originally Posted By: chevman4life

Made by Conoco Phillips looks to me like an excellent oil they also produce the oils for Motorcraft, I see it it Pep Boys find out who Kendals local oil distributor in your area is for my job I purchase industrial oils at the local Conoco Phillips distributor and they have a cash and carry to the public and have Kendall Synthetic and other oils available.

Toto.

I really like Kendall oil. I know many people who have been using Kendall for several years and their cars' run great. Im using Kendall GT-1 5w-30 Synthetic Blend in my car and will use it again in my next oil change.

Originally Posted By: Izb
Why latest Motorcraft motor oils (API SN GF-5) made by Conoco (in 2011) don't use titanium?

Motorcraft is made by ConocoPhillips for Ford. That means it is made to Ford specifications including price range.

+1 for Kendall Synthetic GT-1 with LT

More and more major brand are using liquid titanium as additives like Mobil, Castrol and Pennzoil 4T. This additives is obviously working.

Originally Posted By: 77GrandPrix
Originally Posted By: Izb
Why latest Motorcraft motor oils (API SN GF-5) made by Conoco (in 2011) don't use titanium?

Motorcraft is made by ConocoPhillips for Ford. That means it is made to Ford specifications including price range.

Kendall said that titanium is a cheaper substitution of a part of Zink. Price of GT-1 is the same as price of Motorcraft...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back