How many fuel system cleaners are on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get a master list going...
Try to include the chemical makeup or msds.
Include current ones and past/obsolete ones.

I can start with the original.
kerosene-fuel oil.

Techron Concentrate Plus is my favorite.

The current state-of-the-art treatment is an additive called polyether amine (PEA). Developed by Chevron... it carries the company's trade name TECHRON

I think anyone's favorite should probably be whichever delivers PEA in the most cost-effective manner. If there's a good sale on Gumout Regane, that should be your new favorite.

Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Product Page

Tech Info PDF

MSDS

Oh look, 30-50% PEA, just like lots of other products. Placebo effect, or should I say placebutt effect.
smile.gif

I bought a Mitsubishi branded fuel system cleaner and it was rated to have 80% PEA. I made a post about it a while back

I think most of the higher % PEA products are sold in smaller containers. A 6 Oz bottle of 80% PEA contains exactly the same amount as 12 Oz bottle of 40% PEA.

I think you are right, Vikas. Which means that if you want PEA at the lowest cost, you may want to try to figure out the best price/PEA ratio, which is not easy and could drive you nuts. And you probably cannot go by how much fuel they each claim to treat.

Here are the MSDS(s) for Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus. I'm not sure why there are two or why they differ, or really how to decipher them in terms of PEA content:

MSDS 1 of 2

MSDS 2 of 2

I don't think that PEA is the only effective ingredient. I know that Sea Foam is not highly regarded here, but I have used it in one particular vehicle that had a truly rough idle and hesitation, and got excellent results from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back