Good Results with JB Adv. FI Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been the best performing Fuel System cleaner in that I restored some MPG, and got a smoother running engine. We've tried it in 2 different vehicles both with good Results.

The Official product is Justice Bros. Advanced Formula Fuel Injector System Cleaner.

The MSDS shows
Light Solvent Naphtha
Mesitylenc
Psuedocumene
Stoddard Solvent

Whatever the heck that stuff all comes out to be.. this stuff Reeks of solvents, and smells more like paint thinner than kerosene.

The car I documented my usage on was a Focus with the 2.0 DOHC engine. Routinely we get 290-300 miles per tank of fuel before treatment. After one bottle of this stuff we are getting 320-340 per tank average. The fuel grade matters a little bit.. with 89 or 93 octane we'll see an slight MPG increase.. .25 or so. I've kept tabs on it, and the MPG increase has stayed with it for a month now.. 3 full tanks of fuel after the treated tank. The MPG boost was seen on the first tank.

Does this product look like a typical fuel system cleaner, or is there something a little different in it?

Without a scan gauge you do not really know what your real mileage is or was.
You might be driving it easier to get better mpg.
Was your mileage ever this high before?
Justice brothers products have been around since the 1960's.
Same stuff as everyone else except no PEA.
You got lucky and might have cleaned a dirty set of injectors.

Oh yeah .. ingredients
white gas
trimethyl benzene- coal tar extract
camp stove fuel

nothing special

Originally Posted By: chad8
Oh yeah .. ingredients
white gas
trimethyl benzene- coal tar extract
camp stove fuel

nothing special

Looks like we are on our way to a new daily special for that all purpose elixir for cleaning our jalopies infernal internal combustion engine of all makes and models. Justice-Brothers to the rescue. What will all us MMO, Kreen, and Red 1 folks do now. Now I'm ready for some powder milk biscuits and jelly. aamen
21.gif

Last edited:
I havn't changed my driving habits knowingly. I'm calculating the mileage with a trip odometer... nothing too exciting, and there's a potential margin of error... Actually I had one tank that I was plagued with lots of start and stop.. but even so, the after beat the before. Every time I fill the car, it takes 11.5 to 12G to fill. I take my trip odometer and do a math problem. I'm not going to get more scientific on this car.

Yeah, It's an old 130K mile car.

What is your connection with JB? Do you get *any* kind of compensation from JB?

Frankly, anytime somebody registers here and immediately starts extolling virtues of newest miracle in the bottle, it really looks very bad on the person doing it.

A sneakier way is to find unused or very rarely used accounts in the forum and crack them and then post it under stolen accounts. That is the way social media mavericks do it :)

- Vikas

Last edited:
Yeah.. I don't get paid for it... there's 2 dealers around here. I buy it just like any other commoner. The fuel system cleaner was the first product I tried... it really worked. so I went along with their cleaning products and penetrating oil.. all worked well.

I wanted to ask about the oil additives, since I don't see them talked about ANYWHERE. If I search for another common additive company, I find a ton of discussion. I look for JB, I don't find much.

I like the cleaners and pen oil... thats the only thing I'll put my endorsement on. The rest had my intrest though.

If you like product A from a maker, it's natural to take intrest in product B or C.

I am always a sucker for strong fuel system cleaner and if you say you liked it, I will buy JB if I come across it.

But I want you to tell me what is your frame of reference and where you rank JB against others such as :-

• Techron Concentrate
    Gumout Regane
    Redline SI1
    3M Fuel System Cleaner Concentrate
    BG-44K
    Toyota Fuel System Cleaner (NOT YET USED)
    LubroMolly FI cleaner
    LubroMolly Valve Cleaner
    Lucas
    Seafoam
    Berryman B-12

If you can believe, I have used all of the above at least once or more in the past. Where would you rank JB Adv FI cleaner?

Last edited:
I've used Techron, Silver bottle Gumout, Seafoam, Lucas, and Berryman B-12. Although not scientific... my overall miles per tank on several vehicles went up with the JB.. and stayed up after treatment. So I felt that it actually cleaned something. Maybe the 2 cars I dumped it down were extra dirty at the time and NEEDED it really badly.. Usually I dump some cleaner in the tank every 10K miles.

I've started cleaning throttle body's at 10K miles also.

I've liked JB's Air intake cleaner too.. It's an O2 safe sensor safe Throttle body cleaner you let get sucked into the running motor. That helped with MPG on a few cars also, and smoothed the idle. Berryman's Air Intake Cleaner is the other one I've seen that's O2 Sensor safe.. It works well, but evaporates Ultra fast. The Berryman is OK to have the motor suck it up.. As is Seafoam. The JB Air Intake Cleaner is SAID to leave some lube and protection behind... I don't know for sure... but again, it's what gave the most "Kick" to my cars after treatment. I've got some CRC in the garage to use up now.. That stuff you DON'T want to suck up in the motor.

In general, other than on this board (Where skepicism is rightfully in place) I read many positives about the JB product line. I have no fiscal intrest in the company, but I wanted to get the low-down on what they put in their "sauce" and what makes it different if much of anything.

JB is nothing more than a re-badger. They put their label on the same products everyone else sells. Instead of Super Tech or O'Reilly, they have the JB logo.

The only difference is that Super Tech, and O'Reilly doesn't spam this board.

#1, What's your evidence that they are a rebrander?

#2 if I was glowing about Kreen, Penzoil or LubroMoly, would you call me a spammer?

I've said 4 times now... I was asking about the oil additives because I havn't seen them discussed anywhere. Yes, I like the Cleaners and Fuel Injector cleaner.

It is unfortunate but you being just registered here do not get the same benefit of doubt as other established contributors get when they put glowing review about Kreen or LubroMoly. That is how internet works.

- Vikas

Inded. I started my posting career with JB questions so everyone assumes I work there. Truth is, I'm just a hobbyist who fixes his own cars. Since, I have had a few things in the ATF and Penetrating oil sections. There's so much discussion about everything else, but that JB rack of stuff.. (20 or so products) has rarely been talked about in car forums. I found a blurb in a F150 forum, and a few about the penetrating oil elsewhere... but that's about it.

I thought we discussed Car and truck fluids here... Oh yeah.. we do!

I wish Bob's old Lucas demo was still online.. I think it came down due to legal stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back