Mobil Super 5000 5w30 SN/GF5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to Mobil Super 5w30 from PP 5w30 and saw a increase of 2 MPG. I drive 95% hwy, 100 miles a day on the same road using the same gas station. My 02 Accord just went from 28 to 30 mpg which is a 7% increase!

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
I switched to Mobil Super 5w30 from PP 5w30 and saw a increase of 2 MPG. I drive 95% hwy, 100 miles a day on the same road using the same gas station. My 02 Accord just went from 28 to 30 mpg which is a 7% increase!

Thats quite an increase, very good increase.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
This does look almost exactly like the UOA of the Edge I had... Interesting...

It is, isn't it?

I mean, obviously the Edge will last longer, as it has a better base-oil mix; but it shows just how much of a difference base oils make!

Seriously? ArcoGraphite reports similar fuel economy increase. There might be something to this new "cheap" syn from XOM. And I just put in Havoline SN dino... doh!

There looks like a UOA of Super posted except it is titled Clean 5000. Seems mobil had some SN in the clean 5000 bottles.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Seriously? ArcoGraphite reports similar fuel economy increase. There might be something to this new "cheap" syn from XOM. And I just put in Havoline SN dino... doh!

This oil is not synthetic. They do make a Super Synthetic, but that's not what we're talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were actually higher and Blackstone is just off, like they are with most VOA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back