New Sears Spectrum Plus = SMB International

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI everyone,

As many of you know, Sears switched suppliers from WPP for their house brand Spectrum Plus oils. The new supplier has been a mystery until now.

I did a lookup on the UPC code from the new styled widemouth bottles and it shows up as "SMB International, LLC." Google found me their website:
www.smbintllc.com

Well, If these are the actual bottlers of their Spectrum Plus oil.....I'm glad I returned the oil back to Kmart in January. Still does not answer the questions of where it is manufactured and the base stock used along with who supplies the add pack.

If this is the verified actual supplier to Sears and Kmart with their Spectrum Plus motor oil....no wonder it's a big secret. This explains whey Sears doesn't want anyone to see the MSDS or the PDS sheets on their motor oil products.

Last edited:
I went to the company's site and was looking around.Some of the Bottles looked familiar.So I walked out to the carport shelf and took a look.Yep there it was....

The Octane Booster and Fuel Injector Cleaner I had been picking up at the Dollar Tree.This brand has supplanted the Warren products that were previously available there.IIRC the warning/ingredient info is different on the SMB products.Not sure how much difference there is.

SMB makes WPP look upscale.
On one hand the oil meets SM....On the other hand this outfit looks fly-by-night.
I'd probably use it in my beater if the price was right but....

Originally Posted By: Xstang
After working for sears for a year and a half, I have my doubts.

Are your doubts about whether or not Sears Spectrum Plus is made by SMB or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back